“Excellent customer service”

and 1 more site!
Lloyds of Chester
Ranked #45 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I booked to stay at the hotel for a wedding but unfortunately our baby daughter was poorly. I contacted the hotel and explained the situation and they very kindly refunded our deposit. I didn't have to ask them to do this as the owner had no hesitation in offering this goodwill gesture. If we come to Chester again we will definitely be booking to stay at this hotel. If only all hotels were as fair and kind as this. Top marks!

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Skippingtiddler

Reviewed 12 August 2013

First impressions of this hotel will not fill you with confidence that you are getting good value for money or that your safety is 100% guaranteed. However having survived a night I can report that appearances can be deceptive and actually if you accept that this building needs a lot of TLC and that the area is not the most attractive you will have an OK experience. The much mentioned "pod" bathroom arrangements are hilarious and brought back memories of cramped caravan holidays. The reception area is not clearly labelled, the plastic petunias hideous and there is no chance of a room with a view as there are busy roads all around. That said the staff are really friendly, the beds comfortable, breakfast offer extensive and walk into central Chester really quick. Budget to pay £5 for parking in the nearby NCP car park.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Buggsi
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Front room so noisy. As others commented, the "bathroom" is a pod that an adult can barely fit in and my toilet leaked out of the base! Bed not so comfy and ill fitting sheets. Large damp patches and flaking paint evident on the walls in several areas of the breakfast room. Mouldy breakfast croissants (although the cooked breakfast was ok save for the undercooked sausages). Room key card worked sporadically and no parking.
All in all, expensive for what it is and extremely disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BDPW
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We went home instead of staying.
Once we arrived we were met by a set of stairs and a door saying fire door. There was no sign saying reception. It's wasn't obvious where we were ment to go to check in. There was no parking so we had to pay a further £5 on top of the £75 for the room. It was a hot day. There was no air con so we had to have the window open. Being at the front was so noisy with all the traffic you could not hear yourself think. The tv was so small and far away from the bed that we could not see it appropriately. The bathroom was the worst thing. It was a small caravan bathroom stuck in the corner of the room. My partner could not get into the shower cubical. I am nearly 9 stone and I found it difficult. The room was clean. The pillows were full of what felt like round foam balls. After our day out we expected to relax on our room. Unfortunately we decided to travel all the way home instead of sleeping in the hotel at all. It normaly costs us approx £60 to stay in a premier inn with parking , air con, comfy beds. This was £80 with no aircon. Tiny tv, tiny caravan bathroom, uncomfortable beds and a walk with our family's worth of luggage to the train station car park. Not good. I would defiantly not recommend this to anyone other than those who just want a bed for the night and are not bothered about the amenities. We were given a half price discount when we decided we did not want to stay which of course showed that they cared that we were not happy.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had a two night stay here, avoid room 34, the sash window opens onto a fire escape platform giving access to the room via the window and when the fire exit door was propped open, this covered most of the window, letting no fresh air into the non air-conditioned room.
I'd taken a mobile phone call from my doctor during breakfast and the owner flew to the table demanding that I eat my breakfast before it gets cold. It was oh so slightly embarrassing as everyone watched. Thus I avoided him for the remainder of the stay.
Can recommend the Belly-Full Caribbean food outlet, it was heaven.
Sadly, we won't be returning save anymore embarrassing calls and yes it was important to take the call especially when your own doctor rings you.
The owner was serving breakfast alone and needs some advice on multi-tasking. We waited nearly 30 mins to even get asked what we wanted to eat.

Room Tip: Avoid any room that opens onto a fire escape platform as easy access from outside to your room, even...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

After reading some of the bad reviews I was a little wary. There are some issues, but nothing major. The rooms are probably due a repaint the carpet colour is out of date (nice wine red), the shower pod is a little different. The room was spacious and clean, and although the immediate location is a little industrial it is close to the train station and a short walk from the city centre. If you are going to be nit picky, then I suggest you double your budget and book one of the posher hotels, but if you want good value for money in a location that means your within walking distance of the city, then this is the place. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the full English breakfast is very good (excellent sausages). Very good value indeed. And get there early if you want to park your car for free otherwise it's £5.70 a day in the station carpark. We had a large room at the back which was quiet. Be aware that this is an old building so do not be surprised if you hear a squeaky floor board or two.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the back as it will be quiet, and at the top so no one above you
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I spent one night at Lloyds on 16th June with my friend as we were going to Chester Rocks festival.

I was very pleasantly surprised and how amazing our stay was. The room was really big for the 2 of us, was very clean and had all the necessities that you need (ie-hairdryer, tea, coffee etc)

Very welcoming Reception and workers, i really can not fault this hotel at all. The bathroom was a bit on the small side but it is bearable as it very clean.

I would definitely be staying here again and would recommend to everyone.

Unfortunately we didn't make Breakfast due to our hangover :(

Very close to the Station and only a 10minute walk into the Centre of Chester, was perfect location and a perfect stay

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends