We usually try and stay in a Travelodge, but could not get in, so when I saw this hotel near the center, I thought the price was very reasonable.
First impressions were that it looked like it could do with a paint job on the outside. We went in and were told we could park round the back, there were already 4 cars parked, but we managed to park easily, bit of a squeeze, but managed it & we were not going to use the car while we were there anyway.
We went with friends and found the hotel to be clean, has a food rating 5 which is excellent. The breakfast was lovely, hot, lots of choice too. The staff were very friendly and helpful, ok they were not English, but where do you find all English staff nowadays?
The bed was comfy & clean, we had clean towels for each day.
The bathroom was very tiny, like others have written, like entering a caravan shower cubicle. But it was clean, everything worked, there is room for toiletries and there is a towel rail behind the toilet. Only thing I would say is the toilets are very noisy, as in you can hear other people using the loo ! And if you are larger than the average person or disabled, you would certainly struggle to use the bathroom facilities.
Only other things that niggled was we could hear the upstairs people in the night! The windows could not be left open during the day as the fire escape was under our window so we could not safely leave for the day and leave it open for fear of someone entering through the window, same reason why we could not leave it open at night.
The decor is dated and could do with a facelift, but still found it clean.
We were only using it as a base for the weekend, so that was fine for us.
I think the description as a luxury hotel is stretching it, but it was comfy, so maybe they could change that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lloyds of Chester Hotel is a family owned and run hotel, conveniently located near the train station in the heart of the historic city of Chester. The city of Chester is steeped in history, culture and fantastic shopping facilities making it a perfect retreat for every occasion. Whether you are looking for a romantic retreat or a base to explore the regional attractions, Lloyds Hotel offers something special for everybody. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lloyds of Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lloyds Of Chester Hotel Chester
- Lloyds Hotel Chester
- Lloyds Of Chester Cheshire