“Upset”

Ranked #44 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Upset”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I didn't actually get to stay here after a very rude telephone conversation with reception. I booked through booking.com who are great. Unfortunately due to an oversite on my part my booking payment didn't go through. I spoke to hotel reception and requested to pay over the phone. I was rudely told that my booking had been cancelled and there was now no availability. I was so upset about the way I was spoken to I put the phone down. After composing myself I thought I'd try again. I got the same reaction. I am totally shocked at the way I was spoken to. I was made to feel like the lowest of the low. I have stayed in many wonderful hotels in many different places. Never have I been treated in this way. I wouldn't stay here if they paid me. I have now rebooked else where.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hi I recently stayed at this hotel just before the new year. I was originally impressed by the pictures of the hotel but the pictures show no resemblance to the actual hotel. The room was cold and the bathroom dirty with hairs still left from the previous occupier. I spoke to the manager of the hotel about it and he said all the rooms had been cleaned and didn't offer to even send a cleaner. I was checking out the previous morning and luckly I did as I would not want to spend another night in this hotel. I would strongly advise anybody to think before booking here.

Room Tip: Seems like there are none.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels

Mansfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

i have read alot of the negitive reviews on here and i dont know if they was staying in the same place!!!! all the staff were very friendly and polite,the twin room was large and comfortable and warm the only minor thing was the small shower room but i managed.breakfast was excellant with a choice of pastries yougats fruit and cereal,and a full english breakfast.i will definitley be staying their again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and self stayed here for 2 nights on the 4th to the 6th December and had a lovely stay.you could not be greeted by better friendly staff than at Lloyds of chester.our room was ready on arrival and the room was cleaned daily,with plenty of tea coffee and milk left each day.Yes the bathrooms are tiny,but you only shower and use the loo in there,your Not expected to sleep in there for heaven's sake.the breakfast were very nice,we had a full English each morning,which was always freshly prepared and piping hot,you also have the choice to have cereals first if you want,also fruit juice and fancy biscuits as well.The location is excellent,just 5-6 minutes to the centre of chester.I do not understand a couple of the reviews about the sex shop overlooking the hotel,it is at the other end of the road,no where near the hotel..if we visit Chester again,would definitely stay here without a doubt.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank mariereidy
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I wasn't looking forward to staying here having read a few of the reviews on TA. The room was ready and available for check in early. It was clean and cleaned daily. Yes, the bathroom was a very small pod in the corner of the room. It worked. It certainly wouldn't someone over 6ft 4in or who was very large in size but for the price and a central location in Chester in worked for me. One thing, the coffee at breakfast was horrible.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank IOM-Trev
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Nice Friendly Hotel with good Food, Room was Clean & Tidy but the En suite was Dated, I was lucky enough to get 1 of the 4 car parking spaces. Very Friendly Staff who were both Helpful & courteous. Location was hard to find, Parking was behind Hotel in very Tight parking spaces.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank colin b
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I endorse all of the other negative reviews, please don't go! We stayed in this hotel at the end of September and due to other commitments haven't been able to write a review until now. I wanted to let reviewers know that we had bed bugs which were very evident on those awful dirty, overused sheets. Despite being changed to another room, that was also less than desirable with the valance around the bed thick with months of dust. The toilet had not been cleaned properly from the previous occupants. A very traumatic experience and stay.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family