“Perfect for a few nights stay!”
Review of Lloyds of Chester

and 1 more site!
Lloyds of Chester
Ranked #44 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a few nights stay!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I booked this hotel before I had read the bad reviews but I am very glad I did not let them sway my choice. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived, the reception area was modern and welcoming, the staff were very friendly and helpful and our room was lovely. Our room was clean, spacious and had everything we needed. The breakfast was incredible and I could not have asked for a better location.

For the price we paid the hotel was great! After reading the bad reviews I cannot even believe they are talking about the same hotel, unless were were just extremely lucky (which is doubtful). All the other guests we encountered looked just as happy as we were. Granted the hotel is not The Ritz, but it was amazing value for money and I have no complaints.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Em_24KC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We booked a room for a family of four for two nights at relatively short notice (booked on the Friday, two days before our visit) and the lady on the phone was very friendly. The location of the hotel is very good, just a couple of minutes walk from the railway station and about 10 minutes walk (if that) from the city centre. When we arrived our room was clean and tidy and quite spacious. The only problem was there were no pillowcases on our pillows, after a quick word down at reception a girl was knocking on our door within 10 minutes with some fresh pillowcases to put on, so that small problem was attended to quickly. It is worth noting that the room had four "proper" beds which were very comfortable, in many hotels with family rooms at least one of the beds is a sofa bed, but not here! The bathroom was indeed small and was all plastic, similar to the kind of bathrooms we've used on narrowboats before. But this wasn't a problem as the bathroom was clean and the shower was good, it was just a case of using the bathroom one at a time. Breakfast was cooked by the friendly lady from reception, and was very enjoyable. I'm often apprehensive about "Full English" breakfasts in hotels as too often they are swimming in grease, but this one was cooked well and tasted good. Our two boys had scrambled eggs which they liked and there was plenty of tea/coffee and toast on offer too. Our overall verdict is that we would happily stay here again, it is a budget hotel but that shouldn't put you off as it ticks all the right boxes for a family wanting a break in Chester. Clean and spacious rooms with comfortable beds, small but practical bathroom, friendly staff, excellent location, and a very reasonable price which includes breakfast! I imagine that in the future we will want to pay a visit to Chester again, and we will look at booking into Lloyds.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I had booked this hotel as it looked lovely on the pictures and were with our 4yr old daughter and 5month old baby. The cleanliness and state of the room was that bad we walked out and found alternative accomodation even though we were still charged. The lady showing us to our rooms walked in two different rooms to see if it was free until she finally found one that was, the walls and ceiling were thick damp and cracked, there were bare wires hanging out of the walls besides my daughters bed, the bedding was discoloured and stained with god knows what and the bathroom was what I could only describe as a caravan bathroom. How this place is even allowed to be open I do not know. I advise anyone thinking of staying here, not to.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank NatalieL28

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels

Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The rooms where filthy, damp the bathroom facility's were taken straight from a 1970's caravan. Bed linen stains. but worst of all there were bare wires to the side of the tv Witch was next to my four year olds bed. The managers response was that we should have read previous reviews before booking .Needless to say we checked out without staying the night!

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed at this "hotel " in April and it's safe to say that the photos on booking.com make it look a lot better than it really is! This is no way a three star hotel more like one star. It looks shabby, the rooms defiantly need a lick of paint. The room was quite big but the bedding was flannel bedding, the pillows were stained yellow and didn't look very clean. The bathroom is very small...made out of plastic like you would imagine in a caravan. The view out of our window was a fire escape and the car park....which wasn't a car park just a back street with a few spare spaces - didn't feel that safe leaving the car there. The only good thing was the lady on reception was very friendly and nice. If your not bothered where you stay and just want a bed for the night then go for it....but you wouldn't want to spend much time here .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicwild
Caithness and Sutherland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I was apprehensive about our booking at this hotel after reading previous reviews, and as my card had been charged before we arrived I was unable to cancel the booking, I should have used Booking.com...
However it proved to be fine, it is not 3 star, more like 1star, that being said the Lady who is running the hotel whilst the owner is away,was exceptionally helpful and kind . Our rooms were changed as she could see my husband was not fit enough to carry a case up two flights of stairs ( I had requested lower floor adjacent rooms on a telephone booking with the owner, but he had allocated upper floor rooms) . The rooms were both large, clean with good hanging space (we were there for a big wedding) . The bathrooms are not good, just small pods, ours was very clean , but my daughters not so good and even smaller. WiFi was excellent and free, breakfast very good, freshly cooked with a good choice of all things full English , plus yogurts cereals juice croissants and pastries, and green tea available. Housekeeping efficient , bedding somewhat worn and although clean didn't feel fresh. All in all value for money if you are not too fussy. Plus I left my iPad behind, and when I realised the next day, they had it still when we phoned. I am not sure other establishments would have been so honest.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pennorth
Lancashire
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I booked into this hotel after looking at the photos and price, also as it was close to the train station. Myself and daughter (who was attending a university audition) worried needlessly after reading other reviews. On arrival we were shown to a CLEAN room, with plenty of tea and coffee etc. There was also lots of little soaps and a couple of small bottles of body wash in the bathroom. As stated in other reviews the bathroom is small, but very functional and the shower was very powerful and hot! (Please be aware if you are planning a party in the bathroom or want to sleep in there, then this hotel isn't for you ;-))
My daughter and I had a great nights sleep in a COMFORTABLE bed, which incidentally had CLEAN bedding on it! The room was lovely and WARM. The view from our window wasn't great (but we had no plans to sit looking out of the window anyway)
Breakfast was freshly prepared and served by HELPFUL and FRIENDLY staff.
This hotel is a few minutes walk from bkth the train station and the city centre and was GREAT value for money. I WOULD BOOK AGAIN!
After reading other reviews I am convinced that some people just like to find fault!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family