Lloyds of Chester
Priceline
US$98
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationshower and toiletten minute walktea and coffeedouble bedhen partyvisit chestercerealhairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Stayed on a Hen do for one saturday night. We checked in and the man on reception had very limited english. He helped us with our bag and took us to our room. The room he took us to had a leak and water was coming through the fire alarm on the ceiling. We immediatly asked to be moved. He first told us that we would haveto stay in a double room. After a couple of minutes however he moved us to another room which was much better. The bathrooms are tiny and reminded me of being on a ferry. The man at night on reception ordered taxis for us and was friendly. The breakfast was okay but croisants were not fresh and service was not amazing. The hotel seems to be a big Hen/Stag do place, i think we were lucky that the night we stayed was not too noisy. In my opinion you would do better staying at a Premier Inn or similar for the same price.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We stayed for just one night but will definately be back. Ideally located with just a short walk into the town centre. The room was modern and bed comfortable. The en-suite was minute but who spends time in there anyway. It was spotlessly clean. The room had everything you needed i.e. iron, hairdryer, kettle etc. We could not believe that included in this competative price that full english breakfast along with cereal, toast, coissants etc was included....yum, set us up for the rest of the day!
The staff were courteous and polite.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2010

This hotel is in a great location, rooms were comfy and large but the staff are absolutely appauling!!

I had 25 guests staying over for my hen do and had spoke to the owner several times over the last 7/8 months to make sure everything was in place, including sending a letter to confirm everything. Sal had been very helpful and had booked us taxi's to the races and a meal across the road at Donato & Sandro (excellent by the way!)

So i arrive yesterday and Sal is away, the guy that was left in charge speaks almost no English at all and had no clue what rooms i've booked, i was promised an 11am check in, only to find out the rooms won't be ready until at least 12 and all my guests are stood in the entrance after travelling from all over the country. This fiasco ended by the guy losing his temper and throwing his cig packet at the wall!! He did not have a clue what was going on and the whole place was in absolute chaos.

Later on we go for our meal, I was told by Sal we would be able to choose our specific meal choices on arrival but instead it is a set meal, so my veggie pals had meaty pizza's! Luckily Donato & Sandro were fantastic and did what they could to cater for us all.

I think they have promised me things they just could not actually provide just to get my custom. The owners son then tried to play the whole situation down this morning saying they always had things under control and 11am was far too early to check in anyway! He then tried to over charge me! As we were leaving another party were also over charged and ended up storming out..

This hotel is nice but they seriously need to sort their staff out who are truely obnoxious, i would definitely not recommend this hotel, especially for large groups.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Almost pulled off the basin trying to fit myself on the loo; hard to stand up due to basin being above your legs when you are sat on the toilet! Bed was not made up and tea/ coffee not refilled in the room. The pictures on the hotel's website are very deceptive. We will not be going back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We turned up at lloyds after a long journey and were told our pre-booked room we had paid a deposit for had been sold to someone else!! Instead we were offered a room in a 'house' down the road which we saw staff bringing their belongings out of to make room for us. I was absolutely astonished at what I was seeing as well as tired and very annoyed. Whilst the owner was very nice and apologetic I feel there is no excuse for what he had done. In the end we were lucky to get fixed up in a nice hotel around the corner (best western queens) the staff were magnificent in helping us after our unbelievable experience. Good luck with your stay at lloyds but be sure to book a reserve hotel just in case!!

• Stayed: August 2010