“Wonderful Guest House!”

Ranked #3 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Guest House!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is a lovely place to stay in Chester! The Guest House is situated just outside of the city center, and although I was already familiar with the city, it is about a 10/15 minute walk into the edge of the city and a straight road there. However, the owners, Bryan and Lisa, did ask on check-in if we were familiar with the area and had prepped a fantastic welcome brochure, so for anyone unfamiliar with the area has plenty of information at hand.

Bryan and Lisa were incredibly friendly and helpful, making us feel very welcome and at home. The room was very clean, tidy with some lovely little touches (welcome homemade gingerbread - delicious!). Breakfast was delicious. I myself opted for cereal, with a good range on offer (muesli, bran flakes, cheerios etc.) and my partner went for the vegetarian breakfast which he found absolutely delicious (and actually included sausages!). All breakfasts were brought promptly, and the owners even offered extra's that weren't on the menu.

It is clear that Bryan and Lisa have a passion for what they do and their enthusiasm and friendliness is wonderful. A lovely guest house and I would highly recommend this to anyone and would happily return the next time I visit Chester!

Thank you for a wonderful and welcoming stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chester H, Manager at Chester House Guest House, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words, it really was a pleasure to welcome you both here. We hope you recovered well after your fantastic achievement, completing the Chester half marathon, well done! We hope to see you both again next year.

Lisa & Bryan (New Management 2014)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Spent my first visit to Chester at Chester House guest house and couldn't of wished for a better place to stay. The owners Bryan and Lisa greeted me with a friendly welcome and seemed genuinely pleased to have me stay in their home,they showed me to my room and nothing was too much bother for them. I was staying in the single annex room which tho small was much bigger than I expected as I've stayed in much smaller places, ( mainly in London ). The room was extremely clean and very peaceful and even tho the entrance is outside it was very safe and secure. Breakfast was amazing and well cooked by Bryan, I wanted to try some of the different options but had the full english on day 1 and enjoyed it so much I had to stick with it for rest of my stay. The location of Chester House is ideal for visiting chester, it is a 10 minute walk down Hoole road into the Town and if raining as it was on my second day you can catch a bus just around the corner. Chester itself is a wonderful city, I was well impressed! I was at the races on day 1 and would recommend it to anyone interested in a day at the races, it's one of the best courses I've been to. The cathedral at height tour is also well worth the £8 entrance, fascinating insight into the cathedrals history and wonderful views, would also highly recommend a tour of the walls walk, which leaves from the visitor information centre next to town hall, the heritage bus tour is also very good. Overall I'd recommend a visit to Chester for anyone who likes historic cities or any budding race goers. If you do plan a visit make sure Chester House is your place to stay, you won't be disappointed. Thanks again to Bryan and Lisa for a great time, as Arnie says " I'll be back"!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your stay here. We do appreciate all of our reviews however not all guests give such an insight into Chester itself, so thank you very much for that. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Chester.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Great place to stay for Chester. Convenient, able to walk into the centre of Chester, or to use the train station. Friendly owners, lovely rooms, delicious breakfast and ginger cake in the rooms - brilliant!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay here, it is very much appreciated. We are pleased you enjoyed your time in Chester and would love to see you both the next time you visit.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

What a great place to stay! From the moment we checked in to the moment we left, Bryan and Lisa made us feel extremely welcome and comfortable. The annex room we had was roomy and very clean throughout. Breakfasts were made on time and exactly as ordered (well done Bryan) and no request seemed too hard.
Having been in the hospitality industry for 37 years I would love to bottle their passion for their business and their customers - it was simply outstanding. I will have no hesitation to recommend Chester House Guest House to anyone and my wife and I will definitely be back.
Thanks Bryan and Lisa for a great time.

Room Tip: We stayed in an annex room as we thought a larger room would be good for us. We didn't see the o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chester H, Manager at Chester House Guest House, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you very very much for your kind words, it really is nice to know that we have made your stay here such a pleasant one. It was lovely to meet you both. We do hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday, and we will hopefully see you next year.

Frisco, Colorado
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Let me start by saying that Lisa and Bryan put this B & B in the 5 star category by being welcoming, friendly and very good at what they do. They are genuinely nice people and obviously have a talent for making guests comfortable. The house is a very pleasant Victorian (I believe) that is well-located - walking distance or a short bus ride to Chester town centre, or a short walk to the shops and restaurants in the village of Hoole. Our "annex" room was compact, beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and well furnished to make us feel at home. We received a little tin of delicious gingerbread cake on arrival, and Bryan's breakfasts were excellent. This is a very, very nice B&B in its own right, but the wonderful hosts really seal the deal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, we are genuinely touched by your kind words. It is very nice to know that we made you feel comfortable here, hopefully if you return to Chester we will see you again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We only stayed here for one night but were very impressed with the way our hosts ran things. Our welcome was genuinely friendly, our room lovely and cooked breakfast perfect. This is an excellent B & B.

Room Tip: Our room looked out over a lovely old church. Bryan and Lisa sent us to a great pub for dinner and g...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for such a kind review, it really is very much appreciated. It was lovely to meet you both, even it is was quite brief. We do hope you enjoyed your trip to Ireland and the rest of your holiday. Hopefully we will see you again if you return to Chester.

Heathfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were made very welcome by Lisa and Bryan who also gave us helpful tips about where to go in Chester for eating, drinking and sight seeing. The room was comfortable and had all we needed and the breakfast was pretty fine too. What I really liked was the relaxed and friendly hosts - that can make all the difference and I'd certainly recommend this place to stay as it's easy to get into Chester as well as Hoole with all it's local conveniences.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review, we appreciate it very much. It is so nice to hear that we made you both feel comfortable here. We hope your big day went well. Hope to see you and your wife on your next visit to Chester.