“Late night delight ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gateway to superp Indian cuisine
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend the Bombay Palace, the booths are fantastic, gives you the privacy you don't get in most places. And also open till 3am on the weekends, me and my mates came in on a late Friday night the food was absolute quality. The owners who also waiter on, Aaron and his brother Zaf, at the restaurant were very kind and welcoming.
I highly recommend it, if you a hungry and want a quality meal, Bombay Palace is the place, and hopefully I will be going there soon!

2  Thank Giverlad

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to the Bombay Palace for 20 years and will continue to come here for 20 more! Fantastic food and fantastic atmosphere every time

2  Thank Terry E
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I first stepped in to Bombay when I was a kid (1994) My time with my parents at the restaurant was amazing, this is where i fell in love with Indian cuisines. Unfortunately my travels to Bombay were limited as I had moved to London. Just last week I was up in Chester and remembered Bombay, unfortunately i was not aware of the geographical location of Bombay,

We finally arrived at the restaurant. To my surprise the same friendly faces were present from yesteryear and the quality of the food was still at it's best. The service was at it's best....Aaron and his younger brother were very pleasant and hospitable.

Anyone looking for a bite to eat in Chester...i would heavily encourage you to visit Bombay, A great epitome of what great Indian food taste like, and most importantly, the heart of great service.

2  Thank EmreAsik
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband Malcolm & I ate here on a Friday evening in October 2013. We walked in and were immediately transported back in time. It was a traditional old fashioned Indian restaurant, badly in need of a 'make-over'. The staff were pleasant enough, although there was only one other couple dining the service was slow.

We had poppadums with the usual relishes, they were ok. Malcolm had butterfly king prawn as a starter which was very mediocre, the 'crumb' coating was bright orange & clearly not made on the premises. I had chicken chat puri. The chicken mixture was bland to say the least.

As a main my husband ordered tandoori mixed grill and I had king prawn biriani. The tandoori mixed grill was again very bland as was the biriani. The king prawns were small and over-cooked and didn't look or taste like prawns. I had to remove one from my mouth as it was too tough to chew. The vegetable sauce that accompanied the biriani had a couple of pieces of potato and cauliflower in a nondescript sauce. At this point we decided to cut our losses and not have a dessert or coffee.

The food echoed Indian restaurants in the 70s too, very bland and no evidence of fresh herbs or spices.

I wouldn't recommend it.

1  Thank PAM S
Reviewed 7 October 2013

All the usual favourites on the menu and as is normal for Indian restaurants, they always provide better than average service. Sheekh kebab and chicken tikka saag madras were both very nice. Very enjoyable and good value.

1  Thank CheshireMog