Oddfellows
US$110
US$81
PremierInn.com
1,290 results
All reviewsthe secret gardenafternoon tearound bedquirky hotelalice in wonderlandodd fellowsduplex suitecircular bedpaper bagdouble showernespresso machineroll top bathmini barbar areamy partnerno liftyogurt
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Based on reviews and pictures Oddfellows was my first choice for my stay in Chester. I wasn't sure about the price, but after talking to the lovely receptionist I was sold and decided to spend the bit extra. We stayed for three nights, and a great decision for sure. The hotel is tastefully quirky with interesting touches everywhere. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the barman was obviously very invested in his craft. We ate dinner one night at the hotel. The price we paid for the quality of the food was a real steal! We also had breakfast every morning and it is to date the best English breakfast I've had.

The only niggly bits in the room were: The lighting was very dim at night which is cozy, but very hard to put make up on with. There was also no full length mirror which would have been nice. My vanity suffered slightly on the trip (maybe not such a bad thing?). The water in the shower was cold the morning we checked out, and the radiator in the loo wasn't working. These points weren't too much of a bother, can't really help when things break!
The hotel was a bit worn around the edges, but not unclean. It's just obvious that the place gets a good amount of use (always a god sign!).

The shower was absolutely fantastic, and the bathroom was an interesting touch (although you don't get much privacy in the loo!). The bed was like a giant cloud, and great for a good nights sleep. The temperature in the room can be controlled with a remote which is useful. The decor in the room is fab. I wish I could have run off with a few of the pieces.

I'm a manager at a small boutique hotel so i'm extremely picky. This Hotel ticked just about all the boxes for me.

All in all a very good stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I would definitely recommend Oddfellow to friends & family who are looking to unwind. We spent long weekend relaxing in our luxurious & unique room. Decor is amazing, very trendy. Location is ideal for shopping & sightseeing. Both dinner & breakfast were fab. We enjoyed the lively, yet classy bar on our stay aswell. Staff were very friendly & always helpful. We will definitely be going back sometime.

Reviewed 11 February 2011

My wife and I stayed on a monday night at the start of february 2011. We where looking for somewhere to spend the night in Chester and looked at a few alternatives. My wife had heard some good things about this particular hotel so we decided we would give it a go. On arrival we where immediately greeted by 2 people at the checkin desk who had is checked in within 30seconds, something unheard of at a big chain. Then we where shown to our room. Ok, so this may be the only negative, but it still has it's charms. The room was in the old attic quaters and therefore was quite a trek up some very narrow stairs. Being such an old building does not give them much choice about this, but was the only real downside to staying here. The room itself was excellent. Large for what was basically a standard double, with excellent and unique quality touches. Myself a big tea drinker was amazed at the selection provided including many herbal and flaboured alternatives to your usual morning or evening brew. The bathroom had a lovely shower and was well laid out, but watch your head in the toilet. I did bang it once but no sense, no feeling. The bed had my wife enthralled. I myself may prefer a slightly firmer matress but I think my wife wanted to bring it home with us. Although we actually went out for dinner, I did notice that the hotel provides a range of dining options to cater for all tastes. It also has a couple of bars, again for whatever type of formality you prefer.

An excellent hotel and one I would love to stay at again.

2  Thank stuartb1234
Reviewed 7 February 2011

When you walk in it's a real experience and lives up to its name. Very quirky and grand. The staff were polite and helpful. We were shown to our room which was brilliant, exposed beams, lcd tv, a frosted glass bathroom, amazing shower and very cool furniture. A really nice change from your typical clean cut, modern style box that many hotels go for.
Couldn't fault the place BUT on Saturday night be warned the music from the bar on the lower floors was unbearable. We got back to the room about midnight and in fairness we were warned about the noise till 2am but nothing can prepare you for the bass that travels through the floors. It was turned down slightly when i phoned reception about 1.00am but there wasn't a chance of getting any sleep till after 2am. It was a real shame as we loved the hotel and will certainly return but just be mindful of this. I don't know if all the rooms experience the same bass levels but next time i think we will make sure we stay out till 2am so when we get back we can have a peaceful night.

1  Thank simon777
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Can only rate the restaurant and bar area as did not stay in the hotel. We had my wifes birthday party here, reserved a cabana and got waitress service. Food was fab and service quick and pleasant very busy later on but that im sure is a good thing.

• Stayed: November 2010