Oddfellows
Travelocity
US$116
PremierInn.com
1,277 results
All reviewsthe secret gardenafternoon tearound bedquirky hotelalice in wonderlandodd fellowsduplex suitecircular bedpaper bagdouble showernespresso machineroll top bathmini barbar areamy partnerno liftyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My wife & I stayed here on Friday evening and we're really impressed by the boutique styling of this hotel and the friendly staff who just couldn't do enough to make our stay memorable for all the right reasons. The location is right in the heart of all the best restaurants and bars and very convenient for all the shops. We had read that noise may be a problem but it was hardly noticeable in room 4 and certainly not worth a mention. Once you've sampled the delights of the oddfellows bars down stairs and the outdoor areas at the rear you'll be simply blown away by the atmosphere that it suceeds in creating for you to enjoy. Their in house DJ was great and we loved the music. This isnt a nightclub but it has a late licence so the music continues until 2am. There is plenty of space both inside and out with lots of seating and tables. We sat outside in the gorgeous beer garden and never felt crowded. It said in some reviews that this is the place to be seen and we agree. Get your best togs on enjoy. We will certainly be back. As a final note, the breakfast! WoW! Simply the best we've ever had. Thank you

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank nine877
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Really pleasant and unusual decor. Greeted by really helpful and friendly staff.
Food was tasty and well presented and the staff checked on our wellbeing.
Great variey of menu

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lizzie098
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Overall this is a trendy, boutique hotel. The service is excellent and nearly all the staff have got the right attitude: smile, can do, will do and it happens.

Having called in advance to find out where to park I was told that there isn't a satnav address for the car park: 'ask on arrival'. This is stressful if you're on your own, parked on a double yellow line and the receptionist is on the phone when you arrive. If you do decide to stay, the car park is at the end of Grovesnor Place on the left. Reception: can you not give out this information or is it highly confidential?!

Having scraped my car trying to get into the car park I was not in best temper but this quickly lifted after I sat in the garden area to chill. A well made double expresso arrived and to my delight Kyle Harris set up his gear and sang a mix of Sinatra, Buble & Bennett for 3 hours on a beautiful sunny afternoon. What a buzz.

The accomodation is very trendy with designer furniture and in my room, 2 Victorian style baths side by side. The tiling on the shower was loose and the loo could only be used by a standing midget but otherwise was fine.

I did not eat dinner there but the restaurant looks very trendy and the Brasserie was fine. There are 2 private rooms as well which would be great for a private lunch or dinner.

The only other issue is that the hotel was all locked up at 11:30. My room key wouldn't open the front door and there was no bell. I had visions of having to check into another hotel but was rescued by a waiter from Fattoria, the wonderful Italian opposite where we dined, who knew a secret entrance and was able to find the night porter.

Room Tip: If you're over 6 ft I don't recommend the rooms on the top floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Pavarotti52
Reviewed 22 August 2011

A great place that is primarily a restaurant/bar/events venue but has 4 great rooms in the attic for guests. The rooms are very well appointed and the showers/baths are great (double shower or 2 clawfoot tubs side by side. Only draw back was the w/c in the gable of the attic with a door that was considerably shorter than my 6'3" in which one could not stand up straight. Didn't dine there but the pub was great. Lots of contemporary spaces in this old space.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rustopher
Reviewed 17 August 2011

This is a terrific, romantic place to perch for a night or two. The attic garret rooms, sexy tubs and double showers and big king beds just beckon you to get frisky with your partner. Or collapse into a nap, which is what we did when we first arrived. And our meal in the restaurant was perfect - an explosion of flavour and freshness we will not forget. I would make a special diversion to return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple