Oddfellows
    Great 4.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    • Pool
    1,277 results
    All reviewsthe secret gardenafternoon tearound bedquirky hotelalice in wonderlandodd fellowsduplex suitecircular bedpaper bagdouble showernespresso machineroll top bathmini barbar areamy partnerno liftyogurt
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 5 April 2013

Had my 40th birthday at oddfellows in the function room and grown up bar, it was fantastic, the food, service and venue made the event perfect my guests were so impressed. The staff couldn't have been more helpful I would recommend this hotel for a weekend away or a special event. It's quirky eclectic and has bags of style I love it.

Room Tip: The rooms in the new part of the hotel are fab!
    • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 4 April 2013

On a girly weekend in Chester with my friend we went to Oddfellows for afternoon tea. It was a Saturday afternoon and we just walked in. We received a lovely welcome the minute we walked in and was given an option of where to sit. We chose the bar as there were already quite a few people there and it was a nice atmosphere. Beautiful decor and surroundings!

We were waited on hand and foot all afternoon. We had afternoon tea with rose champagne- delicious except some of the cakes were a bit dry. I fed this back to a waiter and he said he would pass this on- nice to have your feedback acknowledged! We had a cocktail each- we could have had many more as the menu was AMAZING!

The service here was brilliant, we were both so impressed and had a lovely time. We had a lovely afternoon, so much so that we are looking at booking a full weekend stay for my friend's birthday.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 1 April 2013

Choose this hotel as a birthday treat for my girlfriend. Paid extra for a loft room, and it was fantastic, worth the extra money. The Hotel looks great, and was what I expected, good bar area and a nice restaurant. Food was very good. Only problem we had is that we had to ask for our room carpet to be hovered!! as it had not been done, there was no apology from staff/manager. Other snag was that you can not park at this hotel, however the hotel does provide a discount at the local NCP, 24 hours is £6.50.

Room Tip: Loft room was great, no noise from traffic or the local bars.
    • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 24 March 2013

There's only one word for Oddfellows and that is magnificant.

I used to drink here regularly but now tend to just visit with the young family (4 children) and eat here. The food at Oddfellow's is excellent. The service is outstanding. Oddfellows makes it very easy for me when I bring the family. Everyone is catered for, the food comes out at the right times, cooked properly, well presented, served with a smile. The children love coming here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
    Reviewed 22 March 2013

Chose this hotel for our stay in Chester for my birthday based on the reviews I had read on here. We paid £109 for a luxury room on Laterooms which I though was very reasonable given the standard of the hotel.
    When we arrived one of the staff came out to greet us and carried our bags up the stairs. The girl on reception was friendly and chatty as she showed us to our room. She also advised us of the £75 pre authorisation payment they take incase of additional purchases. I've noticed that quite a few people have complained about this in their review but I think this is pretty standard for most hotels these days given the mini-bar, goodies etc in the rooms!
    The room itself (we stayed in no. 11) was stunning and spotlessly clean. The main feature of the room is the huge round bed which was very comfortable. Be warned that the luxury rooms are open plan, so the shower is in the same room, and the toilet the other side of the shower - there are no doors, so you do need to be pretty comfortable with your partner to stay in one of these rooms! Probably not the best room for your first overnight stay together! Didn't bother us at all though. The furniture in the room is quirky and trendy, easily the nicest room I have ever stayed in. The shower was great, nice roomy cubicle. good powerful shower & nice toiletrees.There was also a decent hairdryer in the room plus a proper coffee machine which
    which made a very nice change.
    There is also an outside bar which I expect is great in the summer as there is a lovely seating area which is nicely decorated and laid out well.
    I have one small gripe with this hotel (hence the rating of 4 rather than 5) and that's that we were told when we were shown to our room that the main door would be locked at 11pm but we would just need to press the buzzer and we would be let in straight away. Unfortunately this was not the case. We arrived back at the hotel at approximately 11:30. We pressed the buzzer once, twice, three times but there was no answer. We also knocked the door - a lot and tried to ring the hotel but no one came or answered the phone. I wouldn't have minded if it was snowing and blowing a gale but it was very cold so I was not pleased about being left outside for a good 15 - 20 minutes. Bear this in mind if you want to stay out past 11pm!
    However, I would still stay here again as the good outweighed the bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't in the same bulding as the bar as it was very noisy when we walked through The round beds are HUGE so ask for a room with one of these if you want plenty of space whilst you sleep Don't expect to be let in to the building promptly if you return after the 11pm curfew!
    • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple