“Amazing little piece of heaven ... xx” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oddfellows

Oddfellows
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Chester
England
“Amazing little piece of heaven ... xx”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed at Oddfellows as a last minute night away & could not have wished for anything better. On making the initial telphone booking the guy I spoke to was extremely helpful & courteous (even though it was 11pm on a Friday night!!) I booked a "Sunday Special Offer" room which included a food platter & drink on arrival (which was divine). The service upon on early arrival was first class - our luggage was taken care of & when returning to our room after check in, found that our clothes were hung & lights etc already on. The hotel is quirky in a way I have never seen before & probably wont see again - it is too individual. We were kindly upgraded (free of charge & unexpected) as it was an anniversary & were delighted with the big round bed & the unusual shower in the beautiful room. The service received from every single member of staff was outstanding, the location was great & the hotel itself is truly AMAZING. Didnt want to leave & cannot wait to return. Congratulations Oddfellows on being completely individual & thank you so much for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Every single thing about this hotel is super special ...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic quirky hotel with great food, helpful staff and a great atmosphere.
Would recommend the afternoon tea with a glass of fizz. The macaroons and chocolate brownies are to die for!
We ate in the restaurant in the evening which was very busy but we had no complaints. The food was exquisite. I think my husband had died and gone to heaven with the beef shin potato! The restaurant manager was really friendly and made sure that we were happy.
We will definitely return. Next time with an entourage of friends!

• Stayed November 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Just spent a most relaxing night at oddfellows. It's a beautiful building in central area of Chester and full of surprises! The gentleman on reception was most helpful and polite when we arrived a bit later than expected . Our room was very modern and everywhere appeared to be fresh and new. Fantastic shower feature! We had a view overlooking the secret garden area which was a magical area with gardens and booths etc. Nice relaxing bar for drinks and cocktails and loved the quirky furniture and artefacts in the reception area. This hotel is a little gem and will definitely return!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janicetraveljunkie
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Me and my Fiancee stayed for 1 night over the weekend. Hotel exterior does not show what quirkiness and beauty hides within. We were checked in promtly and showed to our room - standard Caldecot Room. Rooms are located across the covered courtyard in an extension building which is beautifully decorated and very clean. Room was clean, modern and comfortable. We Went down for drinks before we ventured out, although the bar was full we were ushered outside (initally aprehensive as it was chucking it down and freezing) but plenty of patio heaters and covered areas made it a nice drink.

We were tendered to by the waiters very well and made sure we were kept topped up until we were ready to leave.

All in all the staff were very helpful, and the hotel is absolutely lovely, wouldnt think twice about stopping there again in the future.

Room Tip: Standard Rooms (Caldecot) are all you need, if you want extra luxury then upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I stayed one night mid week - welcome was friendly, bar and reception areas very quirky with a welcoming feel to them. Rooms were great - very modern but comfortable with fabulous shower in the middle of the room!.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

What a wonderful time we had at Oddfellows this weekend - it certainly ticked all our boxes. Eclectic interior which is almost surreal coupled with exciting menus which promise and deliver the very best quality food. But what made it a truly memorable stay was the way in which the staff made us feel special with their professionalism, attentiveness and warmness. It was so refreshing to find somewhere as unique as Oddfellows, its a place where you can relax in charming surroundings, enjoy cocktails, wonderful food or an overnight stay in their beautifully decorated and furnished bedrooms. I will definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend it.

1 Thank GilloYorkshire
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I went to Oddfellows yesterday and was so impressed with the service, I felt I had to write a comment.

I organised a baby shower in the "Alice and Wonderland" themed tea room for my sister.

Our host/waitress was LaToya (Toya) for the day. She was fantastic. Constantly kept checking if I needed help, drinks, before any guests arrived. And then when guests started to arrive she checked when I would like the afternoon tea which I though was a nice touch.

The Afternoon tea was delicious there was 17 of us and we couldn't eat it all, so Toya kindly offered to wrap cakes up for us so we could take away with us at the end which was very thoughtful. She was sole handily looked after a group of 17 constantly getting drinks attending to every need and checking everything was satisfactory for us.

As it was a baby shower obviously there was a lot of present to carry to the car so the oddfellow staff kindly got 4 members of staff to take it all for me and my heavily pregnant sister which was very thoughtful.

I came away from this experience feeling like I didn't have to worry about anything nor lift a finger every member of staff from Toya, bar staff and reception and waiters were so helpful. And especially Mo who kept checking on things for me.

I would highly recommend Oddfellows for a function, event or just to eat good food in good company and atmosphere.

One last note I hope Toya is recognized for her hard work, I believe she was been there for a while, and I have never come across a more polite, helpful and attentive waitress. I used to do waitressing myself and after a while you get fed up. Her personality really shines through her work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family