“Weekend family break”
Review of Kilmorey Lodge

Kilmorey Lodge
Ranked #34 of 76 Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Went to Kilmorey Lodge for a weekend family break with our 7 and 8 year old boys. After a very warm welcome from the owner we were shown to our family which whilst being on the small side was very comfortable. The rooms and en suite bathroom were nothing short of spotless. Also the breakfasts were superb with the choice of a full english or continental. We were asked on arrival of any dietary requirements. The Lodge is situated within walking distance of the town centre. Lastly it was great that our kids were made to feel very welcome by all the staff. Overall a great stay and will visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Me and 2 other friends stayed here and we were over the moon.
We had a special requirement in terms of checking in and they were more than happy to help.
The B&B is stunning, beautiful decor our rooms were all amazing. The owners were great. The breakfast was delicious, and the price was even better. Would absolutely stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Me and my partner booked this hotel after looking for about an hour at all the hotel 'deals' the chain hotels and B&Bs.
I was delighted when I found kilmorey lodge. We stayed in room 5 with the four poster bed. The furnishing was gorgeous. Far far away from all the premier inn lookalikes.
The room itself was on the front of the hotel with a huge bay window and spottless. Very fresh and bright. The en suite was large with a few nice touches from the owners including make up remover wipes cotton buds and soaps, appreciated the makeup remover wipes as it's little touches like that make all the difference. Plenty of fluffy white towels.
Breakfast was lovely also. Even as a fussy eater I found something I really enjoyed.
Location was perfect. 20 min walk to the center or 5 pound in a taxi.
I read on one of the reviews that because our room was situated on the front of a busy road it was very noisy. That's absolute rubbish. I had a great sleep! I have to have silence when I sleep and I couldn't hear a thing. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept in! I didn't want to get up for breakfast it was so cosey.

Overall when we come back to chester for the weekend we will be staying in kilamorey lodge.
Great price
Great location
Great owners

(And this is coming from someone who will find a fault in anything.)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is an excellent guest house! Staff are friendly and welcoming, rooms are clean and the breakfast was perfectly cooked. Tea, coffee and bottled water are provided in the room, plus nice little extras, such as facial wipes.

It is 5 mins walk to the shops/pubs of Hoole and about 15-20 mins walk into Chester itself. There's parking at the guest house, but the car park is very small and difficult to get in/out of. However, there is plenty of free parking on the road outside.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

If you want to stay in Chester for someday I suggest you this smart and and clean guest house. The house keepers are very kind and smiling (a very good thing when you have your breakfast). My room and my bathroom were tiny but very clean . Breakfast was rich and good.I stayed here 21 days last summer and if I'll be back to Chester I choose Kilmorey again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GiulioMusik
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The three of us stayed here on 4th Jan and found a welcoming host, good, clean, comfy accommodation with tea and coffee making facilities, and a good sized bathroom, plus a hearty breakfast the next morning.

This is all that we had hoped for, and would not hesitate to recommend to anybody looking for a b&b within walking distance of the city centre.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 5 which is probably one of the largest, but is on the front.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
kilmoreylodge, Owner at Kilmorey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for your feed back, we really appreciate you taking time to do this. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and if you decide to visit Chester in the future we hope you will consider staying with us again. Jo and Gary.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Modernised well presented guest house in the Hoole suburb of Chester. It takes around 20 mins to half an hour to walk into the city centre mainly along one road which was excellent fort he price paid. Rooms were clean and offered tv as well as tea/coffee making facilities. The only downside was that the water pressure of the electric shower in our room was poor although it was very modern and clean.
Breakfast was served in the front room and although there wasn't enough tables for all of the rooms the staff would come and knock at your door as soon as space was available.....only about 5 mins. The breakfast itself was excellent with either a full English or continental made to order. I would definitely stay here if I came to Chester again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple