“Great place.”

Travelodge Chester Central
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great price, Great Quality, brand new refit. Central location. Great rooms. I have booked again 5 rooms in September. 5 of us stayed here and we are going again. Its great for sightseeing and for the pubs and restaurants too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 July 2014

First time using Travelodge. Location was ideal, right in the centre of Chester and just 2 minutes walk to the shopping centre. The reception staff were nice and helpful and was thorough.
The room was very clean and tidy when I arrived. Plenty of towels and a kettle and drink sachets were provided. I was after I had a shower and wanted to dry my hair that I realised that neither of the two power sockets, in the room, were working. I was unable to charge my phone or laptop for that reason. Wanted to let reception know, as I was leaving to meet friends, but there was nobody at the desk.
When returning to the hotel I had a real problem getting back in the building. As the receptionist mentioned at check in, the doors are closed from 10pm, but you can use your keycard to get in after that time. My keycard didn't work. There is an intercom system you can call for assistance; after trying to get a response for around 15 minutes, I was forced to wait outside for some other guests to return in the hope there keycard would work. Luckily it did. It was around 30 minutes in total I had to wait to get into the building. Was less than impressed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank sergeantrich
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on Saturday 19th July
Very basic rooms and expensive for £125 for just a room and no breakfast ... Location excellent
And worst thing was members of our party getting into their bed to find a pair of men's boxers !! Obviously bed not stripped or had clean sheets on yuck yuck yuck

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Dianfinch
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here with a family group in July . Walking distance to city centre and cathedral.
We had a problem with the room we were allocated so contacted reception and they moved us straight away to a room at the front looking over the Amphitheatre, brilliant.
Found a place for breakfast just around the corner " Zugers Tea Rooms " wonderful food and friendly staff.
The only downside was the parking, none at the hotel but reception gave us a 20% discount at NCP which was about 10 minute walk away.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front look over the Amphitheatre
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at the weekend in a large group. We came for the races/stag do. We had 13 rooms booked and no-one had a problem. Rooms were clean and confident.

The location is superb right in the center and close to all the best bars & restaurants. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The newly furnished rooms and beds are a success. The king size bed is very comfortable. Room spotlessly clean. Guy on reception was efficient but tried twice to give me and my partner a twin room not a double room that I had booked.

Room Tip: Views of the roman amphitheater are wonderful, unfortunately we didn't get one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Booked the room 20 mins before checking in, while on the train to Chester. Easy walk from the rail station and convenient for Chester city centre. Reason for booking was due to not being able to get home from Chester later that evening. Clean, quiet convenient and great value for money

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple