“Nice BnB in Chester”

Ranked #37 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Nice BnB in Chester”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Bowman Lodge is located between the A56 and Chester city centre, on a road with a lot of BnB. It is a very nice place, my only two comments are that the parking is tiny (but cars can be left on the side of the road) and I have had some trouble getting the shower to work (you need to pull very hard on a rope to get the electric shower switched on).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sophie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This place is an absolute gem. Before I left home I rang to say I would be late checking in - the very polite owners ensured me this wasn't a problem and they kindly left a key out for me.
On arrival the place felt very homely and cosy. Although not modern decor it was totally functional and didn't affect my experience. The bed was extremely comfortable and complementary tea coffee provided as expected.
Breakfast was cooked to perfection and it was obvious that good quality ingredients were used.
Overall I had a very pleasant stay and would definitely return if I come to Chester again. Well recommended.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Ten minute walk from the railway station, Bowman Lodge is located on a busy main road in a pleasant residential area. My room was clean and functional. The bathroom was for my use only but it was across a hallway. The proprietor was friendly and breakfast was available if required. Bowman Lodge is a good value B&B.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is the second time my wife and I have visited Bowman Lodge and this time our room was bigger than the room we had last time and we were even more impressed.
When we arrived we were greeted at the door by Mike the owner who showed us to our room even though we were rather early. As the room was not quite ready we put our bags in and walked into Chester city centre which is only a 20 minute walk away at the most.
The breakfast was as lovely as it was last time we were there and was between 8.30am and 9.30am so not too early which was great.
The room was lovely and clean and we parked our car in the carpark right outside.
We will definitely be returning again next time on our once a year trip to Chester.

Room Tip: Room 6 is lovely. Top of the house, lots of stairs but a decent size and lovely and clean.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas88_11
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was a brilliant find. Very reasonable rates. Both owners were very friendly and helpful. Short walk into town. Information on restaurants and taxis made available in rooms. Rooms were really nice. Comfortable bed and lovely shower. Would definitely stay here again. Thank you. Simon & Rachel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RagM325
DONCASTER
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Me and the wife spent 2 nights here
, we arrived early and was able to check in straight away. The owner told us all about Chester and where was good to eat and drink. We were on the bottom floor of the lodge our room was basic with en suite and tea and coffee making facilities and was clean. This place is a little hidden gem , we had leisurely walks into Chester which is about 15-20 away (depending on how quick you walk) and enjoyed every minute of our stay here. We will definitely be booking to go back to bowman lodge on our next visit to Chester .

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

All round good experience, I stayed in a single room with private bathroom on the first floor. The owners were extremely helpful and let you get on with your stay without interfering too much. This B&B was booked last minute as I need a place to get my head down over night and I was extremely pleased.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo