Bowman Lodge
Bawn Lodge(Chester)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstop floorcity centremin walkvisit chestera lovely stayperfect locationnight staymikehostsbreakfastaccommodationtv
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I don't normally fill these sort of things in but I would recommend the Bowman to anybody. It was easy to find from the motorway and just a stroll from the charming Chester City Centre. The staff where pleasant, welcoming and informative. It was clean and tidy and the bedding was fresh and crisp. In the mornings the breakfast was cooked just the way I like it and piping hot. And finally I found it to be good value for money too! Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2009

Came to Chester with my husband for the weekend as I have travelled there on business quite a few times but never had time to go around the city. We stayed at Bowman Lodge which is on Hoole Road about a mile out of the city. The room was spacious and clean, the owners Jayne and Mike were very helpful and the cooked breakfast was exactly what we needed after a night out! Great pub opposite The Oaklands I think it was called and Chester is good for shopping and has some great places to eat and drink.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2009

Hi! I just wanted to say what a lovely time my family & I had in Chester, especially staying at Bowman Lodge. We found the room & bathroom clean, which is something you always worry about especially with small children, & we think it was great value for money.
Our stay was really pleasant & the owners, Mike & Jayne were very welcoming & helpful.
Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Unless you are in a downstairs room and don't care about constant mosquito bites avoid this place like the plague..

I was in the upstairs converted loft area single room and let me tell you it seemed quaint at first. Then after just ten minutes of sitting down in there i was bitten and had itches all over from actual bugs. They say they don't have bed bugs but i got even more bitten in bed and woke up at 3am it was TERRIBLE.

Not only that but the rot and unknown other factors leaves a horrible taste in the mouth.. Best to leave the windows open unless you like finding it hard to breathe. I had to close them of course as the biting continued. I was assured it was "just" mosquitos.. this straight from the mouth of the owner woman.

This place sucks. It receives no love and attention like other better bed and breakfasts'. the walls have damp under the surface and the heating stopped at SEVEN pm.. disgusting.

However Mike himself is nice enough but they really don't care about their rooms in upkeep, cleaning, maintenance, bug destruction etc..

when i asked the lady if she had any bug spray they said no!

And to top it all off some idiot was SMOKING what smelled like a cigar..and i started coughing.. as it came seeping through the wall..

CLEARLY this loft room is a piece of turd. The whole place is. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. not worth your money at ANY COST (unless the only alternative is living on the street and its cold outside)

Also no free wireless internet.

Rubbish.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
mrc1234, Owner at Bowman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2010

Dear Sir
Upon reading your review all i can say in my defence is what a load of NONSENSE!
If what you have written is correct why was it the following morning of your stay you requested a late check out. When i agreed to this you went back to your room where you stayed until long after all the other satisfied guests had checked out. . Surely if my guest house is as bad as you so crudely pointed out you would have wanted to leave at your earliest convience.
Best Regards
Bowman Lodge

Reviewed 8 August 2009

Had a great weekend in Chester, staying at Bowman Lodge. The family room was spacious, clean and had all we needed as well as a tasty breakfast. Chester itself is well worth a visit with lots to keep the family entertained. We spent a lovely day at Chester Zoo which the children thoroughly enjoyed. Our hosts were friendly and helpful, all in all a good value for money family weekend away.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family