“Great Stay”

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I do a lot of research before I choose a place to stay, for with my work I travel the country a great deal and I want and need a decent value for money place to put my head at night and wake up refreshed and a good hearty breakfast to face the day. Here is one of those quite rare places that ticks all the boxes, just come and stay and sample the hospitality and all that goes with it. I enjoyed every minute and would not hesitate to bring my wife and stay when we visit Chester in the future. Excellent well done Angela. A bit of research does work ! !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank blackpool065

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
St. Helens, Lancs
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here for 1 night only over the weekend to visit Chester.
We walked into town and it took about 15 mins at a leisurely pace and we got a taxi back which only took a couple of minutes.
The rooms were very clean and equipped with everything we needed and even somethings we didn't need and the bed was dead comfy!
Breakfast was very nice and plentiful and obviously freshly with high quality ingredients.
Lastly a big thanks to the owners who were very friendly and helpful with anything we needed to know.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I had the good fortune to stay at Shenley for a few weeks in September & I can say that it was by far the best decision I made during my stay in the UK. Having done anonymous Travelodges and other hotels throughout, it was great to be welcomed into a home rather than a sterile room. My room was on the top floor & contained a very comfortable bed & private bath as well as a TV, DVD player and hot water pot for tea or coffee. It is only a short half mile or so to town for sightseeing, but there are also restaurants and stores much closer to the Lodge. I was staying in Chester for 11 days & Shenley's location allowed me to easily explore everything Chester has to offer, yet still have a quiet place to end the day. Even though there were no vacancies when I arrived I had no problems with noise from other guests & slept very well. Breakfast was one of the best times of day. Angela produced a full English Breakfast: eggs, sausage, bacon, beans & tomatoes. There were also a variety of cereals and juice available. It was a great way to fuel up for a day of sightseeing in town.

I cannot speak highly enough about the kindness of Angela and Kev. I needed to pass back through Chester on my return & Angela was kind enough to find a room for me, even though she and Kev had been out of town for their anniversary. There is no doubt that I will return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

As the title says it is just ok.
It is a nice place with nice people but not a full hotel and as such we were disapointed.
Nothing much to it and for the same price plenty of good 4 stars hotel around.
Would I use again? Probably not.
Just ok sometimes is not enough.
sorry

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spring1975
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We have recently stayed here for two nights. The location is great for day trips out. The welcome from the hosts was great. Very friendly and helpful. Even offered to drop us into Chester if we had wanted to. Care given to making your stay as good as can be. The bed was wonderful, easily the most comfortable I have ever slept in. No backache. If people prefer a faceless sterile environment then this place is not for them. If you want friendly, helpful service with an emphasis on comfort then this is the place for you. An added bonus was the fact that we were told if we wanted to have a takeaway or reheat food we could use the dining room downstairs with plates and cutlery plus a microwave. A nice touch as eating out every evening can be expensive. Particularly when you have toured the country staying in b & b' s as we have done this year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We turned up without notice and were made welcome from the start. Once checked in, Angela offered either a pot of coffee or fresh milk for the tea making facilities in the room. She also kindly took our fresh produce bought in Wales that day to refrigerate overnight.

Room was a good size. Bed was comfortable. Iron and ironing board facilities were offered when requested.
On heading into the city centre for the evening we were waiting at the bus stop when Kevin went past and offered us a lift to our destination!
Breakfast was good and we were sent off with a friendly goodbye.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Gloucester
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Thankyou Anjela for sorting out our stay at short notice!

We were made to feel at home and the rooms weer very clean and tidy and the breakfast was very good, after our night at Chester Rocks!

Thanks and will certainly recommend you to others visiting Chester!

Thanks