“Lovely one night stay”
Review of Ba Ba Guest House

Ba Ba Guest House
Ranked #12 of 76 Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at Baba guesthouse on a Sunday bank holiday night to celebrate being together for 3 years. I spent a lot of time before we visited looking online for a nice hotel within walking distance of the centre of Chester and so glad I found this one! The house is beautiful on the outside with lots of hanging baskets and well kept throughout. Our room (num 5) was on the top floor and had a king size bed, large tv and ensuite bathroom. The room was clean and very cosy. The owners of the guesthouse are so friendly and welcoming and make a really nice cooked breakfast in the morning. The guesthouse is only 10 mins walk to Chester centre. I wish we could have stayed for longer but we will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed at the Ba Ba during the week of the World Town Crier Tournament, as I was competing. Jane and Nikki could not be more friendly and helpful. The room was superb and the breakfast was all you could wish for. If you coming to Chester, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor next to the breakfast room, but I was not aware of any noise. Noise from o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Historyman9999
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here with friends for 2 nights in August to go the races in Chester. The house is very well run and the breakfast is highly recommended, offering a good choice and quality.
We stayed in rooms 4 & 5 which are at the top of the house - we had sole use of a separate shower room which was fine apart from the shower ran cold for several minutes after I had got in it - certainly woke me up!! The property is very clean and well run and the owners even dropped us into the town when we checked-out. We would definately stay here again - highly recommended guest house only a ten minute stroll away from the town centre.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were warmly welcome in the guesthouse. The room is big with victorian touch and the location is great- walking distance to the town of Chester. The breakfast was freshly prepared and therefore great. It is definitely value for money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very friendly Bed and Breakfast with a large clean room and up to date bathroom. Comfortable beds. The location does have traffic along a main road but the price and location was very good, within a reasonable walk into the center of Chester. Such a delicious English breakfast! Parking available too.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the back off the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Last minute booking to get myself somewhere to stay for the night, what a stroke of luck, this place was smashing! Very accommodating of my arrival weary and with the bicycle, really touched to receive a phone call checking I was alright! Room just right, good shower and house lovely and well kept. Breakfast excellent as was your hospitality, finest poached eggs of my cycling tour, spot on.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed at the Ba Ba for 2 nights whilst attending the British open at Hoylake. This spotless guesthouse is a charming period property which has been sympathetically and tastefully modernised whilst still retaining its character. We were welcomed by the host who gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble and immediately agreed to preparing us an early breakfast which was excellent and served in a welcoming dining room. Sound advice on the local area and public transport was gratefully received. We would recommend the Baba as an easy-going, friendly, guesthouse. Psst Waiter......... Put some slippers on your Christmas list !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple