“Early dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Moules A Go Go - - CLOSED

Moules A Go Go -
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Though the name might conjure up images of dancing mussels, Chester’s Moules A Go-Go is a class act. Focusing on modern European-style cuisine, the restaurant is done up in rich, continental-style woods giving it a contemporary yet relaxed feel. Steak frites, fresh fish and rotisserie cooked meats all grace the a la carte menu, but you’d be foolish to miss some of the freshest mussels this side of the ocean. Brought fresh from the Anglesey cost, they’re freshly steamed in one of four ways: classique, mariniere, chorizo or green Thai cury. Friday and Saturday’s also sees the popular grilled lobster meals in, and a surf and turf with a rib eye steak and 1/2 a grilled lobster is a steal at £15.95.
United Kingdom
“Early dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have visited the Moules several times over the last 10 years, and it has maintained consistent standards.

Our latest visit was in early evening, on impulse; we caught their offer of "two courses for £9-95", which was good value.

The location is within the Rows, but in a modern building; the decor provides a pleasant atmosphere, with areas able to accommodate quite large groups as well as couples. More recently, tables have been provided on the Rows outside, set for restaurant guests rather than more casual visitors for coffee etc.

Starters were of reasonable size, with good taste and presentation. My companion had goan curry, which was hot (!) and I had moules in goan sauce, again quite hot, and frites. This was well-presented and the mussels tasted good. We also had coffee which was satisfactory. One niggle is that we had thai sauce in the past but this is not available.

We had limited our visits in the past after the menu changed, but this has now changed further, and is adequate for fish-eating vegetarians! Many places offer only a very limited set of options.

Service was satisfactory and the meal was reasonably priced. Washrooms were, as usual, clean and tidy. Worth trying - especially when offers are available!

Bury, United Kingdom
“Lovely place and tasty mussels! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Visited while on a girls weekend in Chester. We booked in advance because it was race day. I love seafood and mussels so I chose the Hanoi mussels with chilli and lime. It was a huge portion and absolutely delicious. Really nicely presented too. I didn't want to stop eating them! The other girl a had burgers and fish n chips and said their food was lovely too.

Manchester
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I love mussels so typically I love this place! I have been several times and always have the mussels. There are two reasons why I have now given it 4 stars. The waitress that served us did not have enough knowledge over the different types of mussels that were served and two if this was printed on the menu then I wouldn't have to have asked. The lunchtime menu is now quite limited, last time I went there was a bigger menu and I might have been tempted away from the mussels.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Yum! Best mussels!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We visited for lunch and cocktails. Had a humus platter for starter which was lovely, then I had the Roquefort Mussels. Absolutely gorgeous though I think id go for a starter portion next time as they were very cheesy. My boyfriend had a burger which was also lovely.

My only criticism is that we must have got served by 6 different waiters/waitresses, id much prefer to have one member of staff allocated to my table, with maybe one swop if necessary (shift change etc). Apart from that, Lovely meal and great cocktails.

2 Thank Hannah D
Harrogate
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely restaurant , great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely restaurant with a relaxing atmosphere. Food was suburb, I had the seafood risotto and my partner had the Goan curry moules, we had the houmous platter to start which was equally as good. Excellent value for money, as was the bottle of prosecco! I decor looks like that of chain but it is an independent restaurant, definitely worth a visit!

1 Thank Amelia_jay