“Truly wonderful”

Ranked #21 of 562 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Simon Radley at The Chester Grosvenor, has held a Michelin star for nineteen years running ��� surely a record outside of London. Under the direction of Executive Chef Simon Radley the exceptional modern British menu changes seasonally and uses only the finest ingredients. The cellar is also renowned, having one thousand bins and a sommelier of prodigious knowledge. The dining room itself is as dashing as you would expect with comfy chairs, oriental carpets, fine woods, original artwork, ebony pillars and many-layered tones of gold and taupe. The service is distinguished by its warmth and professionalism. Top marks.
Leeds
“Truly wonderful”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We go to this restaurant quite alot but since the new kitchen has now been installed the dishes are truly wonderful.
The menu looked so good my Husband had to try two starters, the first lobster and sweetbreads which he said was really good, but the best one he said was the vension starter, the best he has had here so far. I had the pigeon pie, this has been changed from the last menu and for the better it really was very tasty.
I tried for the first time for my main a vegetarian dish with gnocchi looked and tasted devine.
My Husband had Veal and again wonderful.
For dessert I had the cheese board which if you are a cheese lover is a must, my Husband had a Mango desert with the best mango sorbet we have ever tasted.
Come on Michelin give this place their second star after the food we had on Saturday they are more than worthy.

• Visited March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chester, United Kingdom
“A different class to anything else in Chester”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Its got a Michelin star and it deserves it.

Well presented, excellent quality food.

A highlight is the bread trolley with a selection of about 10 different delicious types of loaf freshly baked - just wonderful - a great idea more restaurants should copy.

The restaurant also does some excellent mid-week deals - so it doesn't have to totally break the bank.

• Visited November 2011
Chester, UK
“the best”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

superb food and service, seems expensive but is actually good value

wirral
“True Elegance”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I took my partner for his 30th Birthday surprise. As we have been trying to find a time to go the Simon Radley for a few years, for my own birthday but every year it closes in January for a week or two it’s never happened.
We arrived in plenty of time so we could enjoy a few cocktails in the lounge. The drinks were quite expensive but well worth it, the quality and the service were second to none. It really took me back to holidays past, it really made you feel like royalty with the a little bit of familiarity, so not making it uncomfortable. They gave us the menu to look over in the lounge with the novel of a wine list to the excitement of my partner. We got taken though to our table promptly.
The staff were very knowable about the food and wine was we decided to go for the taster menu with the wine matching.
Exquisite!!! Nothing more needed to be said.
After the meal we re-entered the lounge for after dinner drinks and coffees... I could have stayed all night
Wish I could dine like a princes every night

• Visited November 2011
“Wish I could go there every week”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Birthday present from my Daughter and son in law. They are regulars there and initially I thought I would be intimidated but the staff are unbelievably kind, knowledgeable and just seem willing to please.

Starter the most unbelievable 'Muddy Pond'. Won't tell you what it is but TRY IT AND SEE
Other courses just too fantastic to mention and, coupled with the excellent service, it was a meal and birthday to remember. Evening topped off by a talk with Simon Radley who came around to see if everything was OK.

• Visited April 2011