“The best food ever”

Ranked #26 of 569 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Simon Radley at The Chester Grosvenor, has held a Michelin star for nineteen years running ��� surely a record outside of London. Under the direction of Executive Chef Simon Radley the exceptional modern British menu changes seasonally and uses only the finest ingredients. The cellar is also renowned, having one thousand bins and a sommelier of prodigious knowledge. The dining room itself is as dashing as you would expect with comfy chairs, oriental carpets, fine woods, original artwork, ebony pillars and many-layered tones of gold and taupe. The service is distinguished by its warmth and professionalism. Top marks.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Excellent food of high quality which was well worth the money. The restaurant was very pleasant, the staff were well trained, polite and very professional. The whole experience made my night at the Grosvenor all the more wonderful.

2  Thank Beverley S

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I begged my husband to take me here for the 8 course tasting menu, it's expensive but worth every penny! The service was fantastic, from the moment we stepped into the hotel reception, we had drinks in the bar first which were accompanied with complimentary nuts and olives and once we had ordered were also brought some canapés which was a welcome surprise. My cocktail was £13.50 but delicious.
The tasting menu was divine and I loved every mouthful, my husband is a little fussier but tried a lot of food that he would not have eaten if I had given it to him at home.
Our favourite course was the Asparagus with plaice, lobster saveloy and clam juice - it was to die for, closely followed by the herdwick lamb with was cooked to perfection with breast carpaccio, sheeps curd & various other things...
The only grumble was that they offered us still or sparkeling water at the table which was aleady in an ice bucket by the table. We got through 2 bottles of the still water some how but they were £5 each which was not mentioned at all! Also the samphire was too salty, I know that it is naturally salty but it had definitely had more added which was not needed but other that that everything was perfect.

2  Thank Lainey_666
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had been looking forward to dining here for a long time and our expectations were exceeded at this superb restaurant. Staff were welcoming, friendly and attentive and the attention to detail was exceptionally good. We chose the 8 course tasting menu which is the more contemporary of the menu's. It was extremely good, being local I believe it is without doubt the best dining experience in Chester.

1  Thank ChesterFoodie123
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I chose the a la carte menu. Each of the courses we chose were delicious and servers were attentive and talkative without being overbearing. The only slight disappointment was with the canapés which we found to be pretty tasteless. However, the veal with curry flavours was probably the best dish I've ever had anywhere. Price is as to be expected from similar restaurants. Would definitely recommend a visit

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We visited Simon Radley back in September 2013 and had one of the best meals we've ever eaten so returning this weekend we had some doubts if it could live upto the previous visit.

It's didn't disappoint !!

The service, quality of ingredients and attention to detail is superb.

Every dish we had was exceptional and the staff were again really friendly and professional. Nothing is rushed and you're treated in such a relaxing way. Attila the manager is great and runs a really tight team.

My only advice though is to ask the restaurant manager Attila to explain the dishes on the menu as they look and taste much much better than the brief menu descriptions.

Don't think twice about booking... It's a great restaurant.