“Excellent!”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Having stayed in Premier Inn hotels before, I am a fan of the decent standards at all of their hotels. The Chester City Centre hotel was excellent, and seemed very clean and modern. Our family room was very clean and airy. The beds were comfortable and of a high quality considering Premier Inn is a budget chain. The bathroom was also spotless, however there was a slight unpleasant odour in the bathroom on arrival (I have also experienced this at other Premier Inn hotels, so I think it may be some of the cleaning materials used.)

I did have a problem somewhat with the public internet-access PC's. These are provided by an external company. I entered my debit card details in order to pay for browsing time; my debit card was charged but unfortunately no credit was made available for me to use. I reported this to reception straight away and they phoned the company for me, and they agreed to investigate on the hotel's behalf. While the hotel staff could do no more, they were extremely apologetic, helpful and professional at all times.

Overall, an excellent hotel to stay at in a very convenient location.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Just returned from a weekend here with two more couples and my wife, and just thought I had to say how I felt about this hotel, the weekend was a boozy one but we found the hotel exceptional the breakfast I would highly recommend the staff were excellent and attentive especially the lady who worked on the bar in the night who put up with our drunken jibber jabber will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2011
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2011

This hotel was literally 5 minutes from the city centre and there is parking (but not much) in a small underground car park on a first come first served basis. The staff were very friendly, the room as expected - very clean, practical and fine for our purposes. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
gselliott
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Just returned from a night in the Chester city centre Premier Inn and I have to say it was excellent!
The staff were very friendly and helpfull and service was also good.
The rooms were as you would expect from a Premier Inn - basic but comfy with everything we needed for a good nights sleep, room was very clean and everything was in good order. Breakfast time was very busy due to school hols but only waited a couple of mins for table, food was good with plenty to choose from both hot and cold.
This is a great hotel to choose for visiting Chester as city centre is a couple of mind walk away.

• Stayed October 2011
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Stayed for three nights with my wife (Wifes birthday present). The Inn is situated in an ideal location. About 5 mins from the town and from the train station. Ten minutes from the zoo, cheshire oaks designer outlet and the Blue planet aquarium. The only down side is the parking, 12 spaces provided under the Inn. I had to park in the train station car park which added £16.50 (£5.50 per 24 hour stay) onto the cost of my stay.
If anyone is going to the zoo I suggest buying the tickets in advance from reception, they were cheaper than going to the zoo.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Durham, UK
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Stayed here for a weekend away with friends. Located a very short distance from the railway station which was great for those of us arriving by train. The parking is not so convenient as there is no parking at the hotel (the website says 12 bays, but I didn't see them). The on-street parking is free, and usable from 6pm-8am, then 1 hour maximum stay during the day (except Sunday). There are two local car parks (one on each side of the station) at £5.50/24 hours, so it all worked out fine.

The hotel was clean and comfortable, lovely bed. And as stated, the location is great, on route to the city centre from the rail station and therefore handy for both. There are a number of restaurants and bars in close proximity of the hotel. I didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment although the bar area and restaurant looked fine.

As mentioned in earlier reviews, the security is also good, need your room card to get access to the bedroom floors and also to get in the hotel after 11pm.

All in all, exactly what you expect for this brand, although this is one of the better Premier Inns I have been to. And the staff were also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We went up to Chester from London by train and the Premier Inn is literally 5 minutes walk from the station with the City Centre and all the attractions another 5 minutes on from the hotel.

The room was very clean and comfortable - we had no noise problems even though there were a couple of hen parties staying. We arrived a bit early but our room was ready and they let us book in and when we booked out they let us leave our luggage until later in the day. The staff were friendly and helpful and very pleasant.
We paid £7.99 each for breakfast and it was really good value, the food was well cooked and the fruit was fresh and there was a good selection and the staff worked really hard keeping the tables cleared and then laid again and bringing fresh food out.

Just one very very minor point - they could leave a couple of extra tea bags in the room rather than just one each!

Room Tip: We were in 209 which was quiet - not sure if they put all the larger groups together in another part...