The location of this hotel is very good - just a short walk from the train station and in the other direction a couple of minutes walk to the centre of town. Plenty of history in this place, so it is quite a nice walk. Lots of pubs and restaurants around the area of the hotel also.
Parking outside of the hotel is not free through the day (only the first hour is free) - however from 6 pm to 8 am it is free. The information on the internet about this hotel is that it has parking available - there is only a few car spaces under the hotel and the hotel charges you 6 pounds per day to park there - and you need to pay up-front. If you leave the carpark (perhaps to do some sight-seeing somewhere) you don't get your car space back (or you might be lucky -depending on how quick you are). So it is a bit hit and miss with the car parking. We came back from our outing around 5 pm, so we got the next hour free to 6 pm parking outside in the street, and so we were able to stay overnight for free.
When we were there, we found the service from the staff here is very poor in all parts of the hotel - the bar, and restaurant, as well as the reception area. We never found this to be the case in any other Premier Inn so were quite shocked at this place. It was very frustrating. The bar area staff seemed to have other things to do even though customers were waiting. Again frustrating.
The room itself was very good - quite large and very comfortable bed/pillow. It was extremely clean and had everything we could have wanted in a hotel room. The internet (free for the first 30 minutes) worked brilliantly. After the 30 minutes you pay through the nose (3 pounds for 24 hours which is quite excessive) Breakfast was very tasty and is buffet style with adequate selections, however on one of the days there was no buffet so we had to wait to be served. It was 20 minutes before anyone came near us - and there was only 4 other tables with customers at the time. So we not too happy about that.
To sum up - this is a great place to stay and is in an ideal location, however parking is a bit of a worry. Hopefully the service has improved by now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newest Premier Inn situated in the heart of the historic city of Chester, stay with us & explore the historic facades of the Black & White buildings, two tired rows of 1000+ shops. With its beautiful cathedral, range of exciting nightlife and cultural heritage. Chester is the ideal city break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel Chester
- Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel Cheshire