“Good value break”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed in between Christmas and New Year.Usual standard,good clean room.Good breakfast.Recommend both Koconut grove Indian restaurant,and Belly full Caribbean,both with in 2 mins of hotel.Would recommend.

1  Thank grannnieannie

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Premier Inn was everything one can expect from a Premier Inn.
But on this one occasion when we were spending 3 nights at the hotel there was an annoying problem .
The windows did not open and it was impossible to turn off the fan on the air conditioning. This was quite loud in the silence of the night and made for a disturbed night.
As I am normally not a good sleeper it would be unfair to ask for money back after a sleepless night., but next time we'll check at the outset that either the windows open or the fan can be disabled.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Great service as usual for Premier Inn. Thanks for the service of very kind and helpful staff in Chester. It was a great stay. I would have liked a bath but the shower was excellent. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I have stayed at lots of premier inns and have always had good things to say about my stays. On this occasion I was a little disappointed with a couple of things.
The bed was the worst premier inn bed I have slept on. I have always spoke highly of the quality of beds at premier inns but the one I slept in at this hotel was not the normal premier inn quality.
I could feel the springs coming through the mattress. Now saying that, I did sleep well but that could have been the brandy I consumed during the evening.
The other thing was the restaurant. It is just to small for the amount of guests who were booked in for breakfast. You felt obliged to get in and get out as quickly as you could.Food however was very good.

Room Tip: Bed in room 20 is not good.
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed here for the first time the Saturday before christmas for a spot of shopping and night out. The hotel is spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed, very close to the city centre with bars and shops galore. Check in was easy and we also managed to get a car parking space.Breakfast was very good everything hot and fresh. The only thing I would like is a few more coffees in the room but this is a very minor thing. All in all a great place to stay in a great location.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed for the weekend before Xmas - Comfortable room great breakfast lovely bar area and well located five minute walk to city centre great restaurants nearby - gate of India opposite is very good
Chester is a beautiful city - walk the walls and try the Cafe the walls for tea and scones - try a bottle of the cono sur Pinot noir in the bar at premier inn

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel whilst visiting my parents pre Christmas and found the room comfortable, with a fantastic mattress and comfortable pillows. Unfortunately the hotel has limited parking and charges for it too so we left the car at my parent's house rather than chance it on the streets at a time of year when seasonal drinkers are capable of doing anything!! Location is good for people arriving by train, and for drinking/shopping in the centre.
This hotel doesn't have a check in machine so we had to wait for a man to come and serve us. He was friendly and gave us a key each which meant we could separate rather than my wife having to drag me round the shops. We did find that the swipe cards were very problematic for getting into the corridor door on every occasion we tried, and we also had to get them reprogrammed when they did not work which was a bit of a pain.
After a night in the excellent Cellar Bar over the road from the hotel, we slept well in the room until we were woken by painters outside the door positioning ladders and putting down ground sheets to protect the carpets. Later on this meant that we had to carry our bags rather than wheel them, and be ultra careful not to get paint on ourselves. I appreciate this work has to be done at some point, we just timed it wrong and therefore our rating is lower than the comfortable room deserves.