“Great all round”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Chester
manchester
“Great all round”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I visited recently just for a night, I have never stayed in a premier inn before bit it well and truly surpassed my expectations.
As soon as we arrived we were checked in by a very friendly lady on reception who gave us a map and explained how to get to the city centre. I must explain all the staff we came across were so friendly and helpful , always smiling , top marks there.
We didn't eat in the hotel but I must say the offers they had going for evening meals and breakfast were most tempting.
The room was spotless and very adequate, I stayed in a Hilton hotel recently for around double the price and this room was just as good.
I don't think I will stay anywhere else from now on if visiting chester , I would recommend this hotel to anyone and it's just a few minutes stroll into the heart of the city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Maria S, Manager at Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to welcoming you back at Chester City Centre Premier Inn. Kind regards, Maria Stevens, Operations Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Horsham
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Premier Inn Chester City Centre on Friday 25th April, having attended a function in The Wirrall. The hotel was well located for visiting this historic city and, as usual with Premier Inns, the staff were extremely helpful, professional and knowledgeable, and ensured we made the most of our short stay. I would single out Jess in Reception for praise in this respect - always there, always friendly and courteous, and always going out of her way to help, no matter what the issue was. The room and bathroom were both clean and fresh, the room temperature was perfect for a good night's sleep (as was the comfortable bed), and it was nice and quiet, especially so as the room overlooked the street.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Chester City Centre Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Maria Stevens, Operations Manager.
Rotherham
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Got a great £29 deal for Easter Monday and we were very impressed. Location is spot on, rooms are spotless, staff friendly and the little things such as a hairdryer and shower gel dispensers really helped. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Maria S, General Manager at Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Chester City Centre Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards. Maria Stevens, Operations Manager.
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Have just stayed overnight at the premier inn in Chester city centre and could not fault anything. The staff couldn't do enough for us from the moment we got there till the time we left. We stayed there to celebrate my birthday and had an amazing and welcoming stay. We had the meal deal which includes a three course evening meal, a free drink and breakfast the next day for £22.95 which was lovely. Couldn't have had better. I even got a half bottle of champagne and a birthday card from the staff. When they brought out my cake they even sang happy birthday to me. Rooms were very nice too with a fantastic bathroom. Bed was lovely and I had a great night sleep. Would highly recommend this hotel to people wanting to stay in Chester. Thank you to all the staff for a brilliant stay. Will be back very soon.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

used this as a base for a short break to chester.

Its location is good for the station and its only a few mins walk to the city centre.

We had a room overlooking the inner courtyard so nose was not a problem.

Food in the thyme restaurant was to the usual standard and the staff were friendly.

Parking is a little bit awkward as the number of spaces is very limited if you cant get in then you have to park at the station.

I'd use this one again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mondibongo
Preston
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed on a Friday night, good rates, great room. Very clean, comfortable, spacious bedroom. Clean bathroom, good hot shower. Enjoyed a delicious breakfast. We were lucky enough to be parked on site too. We didn't get the best nights sleep unfortunately due to noisy upstairs neighbours but when we explained we were refunded our room charge, without quibble as promised. The staff were helpful and friendly, among the best I have encountered in uk hotels. 10/10 Premier Inn Chester! I will definately choose Premier Inn again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed for one night in April in family room & these are the reasons why it deserves 5 stars:
1, the car park was officially full but as a member of staff was due to go home not long after we arrived, we were allocated their space
2, our 19 months old daughter was ill & threw up all over place so it was reported to reception who were only too happy to change our room.
3. Our daughter was still ill at 3am with a high temperature & reception directed me to a 24 garage which luckily had some appropriate medicine. They even called me whilst I was there to check I could get back to the hotel ok
4. The on duty staff at breakfast were really friendly (1 chap in particular) & showed genuine concern to our daughters plight. I was even allowed to get some toast after the official end of breakfast when I went back to get something for my daughter
The location was perfect, the rooms were clean & the food was pretty good.
Overall, my wife & I would definitely go back & we are very happy to recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PGTIPS65
Maria S, General Manager at Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. We hope that you're daughter is feeling better, Thank you for your comments. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.