This hotel is clean and fairly comfortable, the location is very good for visiting the city. Food is well cooked and reasonably priced. There are no telephones in the rooms and credit cards are surcharged. The ATM is surcharged. Housekeeping is erratic, one day all they did was make the bed, while leaving the coffee cups from breakfast unwashed, yet the next day the room was thoroughly cleaned. Restaurant service was abysmally slow, a simple evening meal, from a limited menu, taking two and a half hours. Apparently this was because they busy, which doesn't really explain why it took 35 minutes to serve a bowl of ice cream.
My biggest complaint is the deceptive advertising. They claim to have a small car park on-site and state that further car parking is available at a nearby NCP car park. "Nearby" is 600 yards (I checked this distance on Google Maps). The on-site car park may exist, or it may be mythical. The "nearby" NCP car park is actually the railway station and Best Western joint car park, so when I went to look for an NCP car park I didn't find it. Therefore I had to park in the street the first night and get up early to move my car to the "nearby" car park. Which was full. I had to return twice more during the day to secure a space.
Now I realise that car parking in a city like Chester is never going to be easy, the Romans may have given us central heating, sanitation and roads, etc., but they didn't do car parks. If Premier Inns had been honest about the situation, I would simply have booked elsewhere, maybe in another Premier Inn, my previous high opinion of Premier Inns (apart from the no telephone thing) would have been untarnished. They would have missed this booking, but could have expected many more in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newest Premier Inn situated in the heart of the historic city of Chester, stay with us & explore the historic facades of the Black & White buildings, two tired rows of 1000+ shops. With its beautiful cathedral, range of exciting nightlife and cultural heritage. Chester is the ideal city break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel Chester
- Premier Inn Chester City Centre Hotel Cheshire