“Great rooms and food!”

The Coach House Inn
Ranked #5 of 78 Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We booked a 2 night stay at the coach house, and as soon as we arrived we was greeted warmly, the free hot drinks are also very good! The room was lovely and spacious and very clean. We ate in the restaurant on the first night which was amazing and also had 50% off so it worked out a bargain! The breakfast was gorgeous and didn't have to wait long for the food to be served!
Over all a lovely hotel and if returning to Chester I would defiantly go back!!
Only downsides are thin walls so was woken around 6am with people chatting in their rooms, and also the air fresheners smell a tad funny! Other than that a lovely stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Elisher D, Manager at The Coach House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review about us.
Your review has been passed onto all our staff. Please do come back we promise to look into the smelly air fresheners!

We hope to see you soon,

There are newer reviews for The Coach House Inn

Reviewed 4 February 2014

From checking in until checking out the staff were fantastic, the rooms were gorgeous and really good value for money. And the freshly cooked breakfast was amazing, you could tell it wasn't the usual hotel breakfast you get left on a hot plate, everything tasted so good. I need to know where you get your bread from too! Overall a brilliant hotel, will definitely be returning and would recommend to anyone. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: February 2014

Hello!

What a great review! Thank you so much! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and loved your breakfast. Please do come again!

The Coach House Team.

P.S. We get our bread from Wallis the Bakers! :)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

After being completely disappointed in the food they had to offer at the Watergate Bar I thought I'd try here, seeing as I walk past it every day to get to the bus station! The food was absolutely gorgeous, literally so delicious I cannot even fault anything! During the week you get 50% off your meal which is fantastic- we worked out that we'd spend more at McDonald's!!!!!! Gorgeous food and drink, wonderful prices and an amazing atmosphere! All of the staff were attentive and friendly too! Absolutely 100% recommend to everyone, I will most definitely be attending again (probably later on in the week ha!)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Hello,

I would just like to thank you for the amazing feedback you left about your meal with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed the food and that we out did Watergate Bar! I noticed you had the crumble, it's my fav!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Me and my wife had a fantastic Monday overnight stay at the coach house,the room was spotless,the food beautiful and the staff a joy. If anyone is looking for a great place to stay or eat in chester this is the place.

Room Tip: Room 5 beautiful view of chester
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It is very much appreciated. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Your comments have been passed onto the staff! We would love to have you stay again.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This place is seriously underrated! Booked a table for ten for a Friday evening... Had fish cakes to start and rump steak for main.. Both were absolutely gorgeous, steak was cooked to perfection. I was devastated I was so full and couldn't manage a dessert! Everyone else agreed the food was awesome... Although there was 10 of us and it was quite busy the service was brilliant and the food arrived very quickly. Atmosphere was also great, really can't wait to go back and this time I will definitely be saving room for pud! Thanks for a great night :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Hello!

Thank you so much for the fantastic review!! It is greatly appreciated. I am so pleased your party loved the evening, so much so I think I may of seen you come in a few times since! :)

Thanks again. With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We enjoyed our meal. Menu is fairly traditional pub food - fish and chips, gammon etc. the food quality was excellent and reasonably priced. The location is great - right in the heart of Chester. Only disappointment was when we ordered dessert and the pudding with clotted cream was served with ice cream instead. I can understand being out of cream, but please, the waiter should have mentioned this before bringing something we did not want. They did take it off our bill however, I just would not have it ordered it if it was not as described on the menu.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hello there,

Thank you for the good feedback! I am so pleased you enjoyed your meal with us. I do apologise about the cream mistake, it has been noted. We would love to have you dine with us again.

Tom Brock

Reviewed 23 December 2013

21 of us sat down here tonight for a 3 course meal which turned out to be superb, the game terrine, as good as any french restaurant, the beef course, well quality meat always wins through and I had the xmas pud, not over heavy. Those who chose the apple pudding and the chocolate cheesecake with orange ice cream were similarly challenged, ' cant finish it dave, too full' . Full marks. Oh and Thwaites beer in good nick too. We'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Hello,

I would like to say a big thank you for the wonderful review you left. It is very much appreciated. I am so pleased you had a great evening with us and that the food was good! Please do come back!