“Very nice”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Just been to summer palace it was a spur of the moment decision. Glad I didn't read the reviews before I went would have missed out on a lovely meal. Bearing in mind nearly all reviews were for take aways, the front foyer was full of people waiting for them, and whilst we were eating they were walking past with carry out bags, so it can't be that bad. We enjoyed it and I'm picky where I eat. Summer palace you get my vote.

3  Thank poppie1960
There are newer reviews for Summer Palace

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Decided to try this after seeing some OK reviews, and wish we hadn't. The food was delivered in a good time, but the bag it was delivered in had a load of grease in the bottom, the wontons were cold and the rice stodgy.

There are much better chinese takeaways in Chester.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Ordered a takeaway for my Dad & I, we had a mixed starter for 2, salt & pepper wings, 2 mains and rice which came to the grand total of £37! The food was one of the worst Chinese takeaways I have ever had & by far the most expensive! A very disappointing experience for what was meant to be a treat for my Dad.

1  Thank NORTHOPDAVIS29
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I'm going to make this one short and sweet... Cold food, tasteless, and terrible customer service...

The lady who we spoke to about it was very rude, and only gave us a part refund because our food had been literally nibbled (if not less).

On top of all this, the food hygiene is of question aswell, black hairs were found in the (eggless) egg fried rice And some of the take away boxed were covered in a white powder.

Would not recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Tomtommn
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Ordered a delivery, came late and freezing cold. Tasted awful too. Very overpriced for what we got. Hair in some of the food. Managed to get some of our money back even though it took some persuasion even though we were clearly displeased with our meal. Would never recommend to anyone and never eating there again. I'd advise you to do the same.

1  Thank Skinnjo