“raw liver”

Handbridge
Ranked #154 of 554 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chester, United Kingdom
“raw liver”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went there last night --- A Saturday night with 5 friends it was not busy -- I ordered lamb and liver the lamb was well done and the liver RAW it looked like it had just been shown the pan -my friend had mussels and she said that at least a third of them were empty - another friend ordered chicken supreme with chips from the specials board and was given chicken with mash potatoes and broard beans !! the best was the passion fruit and lemon eaton mess 4 of us ordered this as it sounded delicious well no one could find any passion fruit or taste passion fruit there was a tinned strawberry at the bottom of the glass and a broken up meringue nest with lemon cream a bit of a let down at nearly £ 5.00 each --the only reason that I am writing this is because when I complained about the raw liver I felt that the reply was very dismissive -- " I will inform the Chief but it is just a matter of taste really I like my liver under cooked " well I am sorry I do not think that attitude is good for any restaurant !!! I could not even cut the liver so if you do like raw liver be prepared to eat it whole --- Chester has an abundance of really good restaurants I would not recommend this one

Visited July 2014
1 Thank angela56186233

Chester, United Kingdom
“Handbridge....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had dinner here on a monday evening . the food was good so as the portions.. it was very quiet probably because of monday . will def return..

• Visited May 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Not as good as last year.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Average meal not as nice as last year when we visited, but still a nice pub just think they should rejigg menu a bit will give it another chance next time we are in Chester.

Visited June 2014
Cheshire
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The fresh artichoke and olive ciabatta was one of the best things I've had for some time in any restaurant anywhere. Priced at £4.50,it was a superb on both the quality and cost front. Great menu with imaginative choices for veggies and vegans. A first class dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous Sunday lunch ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the Handbridge on Sunday 29th June for a roast lunch and I was very pleased. I had been here for just a drink a couple of weeks ago and was definitely set on visiting for lunch as it smelt so lovely. I wasn't disappointed, it was beautiful with fresh veg, tasty gravy and the amount of meat I had made it well worth it. My pate to start was good also! I think the whole atmosphere of the pub is relaxed and friendly, with a touch of modern mixed with a traditional pub feel! The outside patio area is fab too when it's a sunny day which is was! I will be making another visit and many more after that :)