“My birthday meal”

Handbridge
Ranked #155 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My birthday meal”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I live in handbridge and decided to visit the handbridge for an evening meal for my birthday with my partner sister and her partner..... We all had the most amazing food and service with young man (I'm sorry to say I can't remember his name to put him in this review) who looked after us all evening and the chiefs food was to die for thanks so much to you both we will defiantly be returning

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Stuart O

Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
“Quaint area”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is an area of Chester which is mostly residential/guest houses and with 3 or 4 local pubs, including our favourite The Grosvenor Arms. This is a fantastic local pub run by Pat and Andy, a wonderful couple who made us very welcome indeed.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Helen D
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“fores and against”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

me and the wife popped in here for a drink on 2 occasions over a weekend great beer garden and lovley soft seating inside mixed in with the dinning seating soft music candle light nice end to the evening before turning in,,down side menu on the dear side, more choice needed and less fancy or is it because they are trying to attract an up market customer..but is needed at this pub is prices on display of the drinks on the bar placed in the taps so we the customer can see what we are paying to soften the blow..not kids allowed after 7..thats good..

• Visited August 2014
“Don't bother..”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I tried the lamb and liver. It came practically cold with the liver fatty and barely cooked. I sent it back. When it came back it was only slightly better. Now a little more cooked I tasted it, it was tasteless. The dish was just awful and I cannot help feeling that out of all the restaurants in this lovely city we that we could have chosen, this was about the worst. They gave us a discount after my feedback but the damage had already been done. Avoid this place unless you only want a burger but even then I am sure you can get a better burger in any number of pubs. I very rarely leave reviews but this place drove me to it.

Chester, United Kingdom
“raw liver”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went there last night --- A Saturday night with 5 friends it was not busy -- I ordered lamb and liver the lamb was well done and the liver RAW it looked like it had just been shown the pan -my friend had mussels and she said that at least a third of them were empty - another friend ordered chicken supreme with chips from the specials board and was given chicken with mash potatoes and broard beans !! the best was the passion fruit and lemon eaton mess 4 of us ordered this as it sounded delicious well no one could find any passion fruit or taste passion fruit there was a tinned strawberry at the bottom of the glass and a broken up meringue nest with lemon cream a bit of a let down at nearly £ 5.00 each --the only reason that I am writing this is because when I complained about the raw liver I felt that the reply was very dismissive -- " I will inform the Chief but it is just a matter of taste really I like my liver under cooked " well I am sorry I do not think that attitude is good for any restaurant !!! I could not even cut the liver so if you do like raw liver be prepared to eat it whole --- Chester has an abundance of really good restaurants I would not recommend this one

Visited July 2014