“More please!!”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Central American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Tropeiro Chester Brazilian Restaurant, is situated right in the centre of city and is a short walk from the stunning Chester Cathedral and the shops on Bridge Street. It is a 5 minute walk from the race course, this is an ideal destination for shoppers, race goers and visitors to Chester.At Tropeiro Chester you will always be treated as a friend. Here you can enjoy the very sociable and relaxing Brazilian way of cooking and dining experience. Our restaurant is a great venue for parties, families and intimate meals with its quirky interior and cosy feel this grade two listed building comes alive with the atmosphere of brazil.Our selection of 12 cuts of delectable fire roasted meats is a heavenly treat. All the meats are prepared in the best "Rodizio" tradition, where the particularities of each meat are respected from the seasoning to the cooking time so as to capture their individual flavours perfectly. The skewers are then brought to your table, sliced and served by the gaucho waiters.Bom apetite!
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Chester restaurant is brilliant. Fantastic food, fantastic service, great location. We had a large party who loved the cocktails. Obrigado Tropeiro

2  Thank Chriscoconn

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The food, especially the meat, is absolutely fantastic. Really tasty. There's so much to eat, I left really full. The wine is great and really good value, especially the red. I would absolutely recommend Tropeiro, especially for groups of family or friends.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked a table here prior to attending the evening races on Friday night. We arrived at 5.00 and explained that we had to leave at 6.00. They kindly allowed us to have the £10.95 lunchtime meal instead of the evening meal at twice the price. The buffet was fully stocked and we made several visits to fill up with all sorts of food, including some Brazilian items that I had never tried before. Then, the meat started coming, and coming. Huge slices of steak, sausages, glazed chicken thighs and gammon kept appearing, all cooked very nicely, and we were more than replete when we left. I am surprised at the negative reviews because we had a great experience here. Maybe things are different when the place is busy, but we had a tremendous meat feast and I would definitely return.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I'd never been to a Brazillian restaurant before so i was looking forward to giving this place a shot. The concept is simple, you visit a bffet section which has various salds, stews, lentil/bean dishes. When youve visted the buffett you return to your seat and are given a card which has a red side and a green side. A waiter will come round at intervals with 1 of 12 different types of meat. Different cutsof of pork, beef, chicken and sausage. Having your card in green means the waiter will continue bring meat and red means he will stop, simple. The food was all good. My only negatives would be that some of the buffet dishes had run out and weren't replenished while we were there. The other thing was that the cooking of the meat would vary on how many people had meat before you, for example, if yiou were the first person to get meat from that particular batch the chances are you could get the well (over) done part.

Mostly good there and would have no problem going back. Maybe it's a bit too pricey though.

1  Thank TomMorganLittle
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I visited here for a Birthday meal. We booked in advance as we knew it would be popular. We were shown right through the restaurant to a small table next to the kitchen enterance. We could immediately feel the heat from the kitchen so we asked to be moved and we were quickly moved to a more suitable table without any bother.
We found the service to be excellent and we were offered plenty of different cuts of meats. The only downside for me was that some of the meats such as beef and lamb were dripping in blood and I could not eat the meat so undercooked. My husband who always eats his meat pink thought it was ok. I wouldn't recommend taking a vegetarian friend, it may be a bit off putting.
We were satisfied with the amount of salad and meat available and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. £21 each may be a bit pricey for one course if you're a small eater though. Would recommend this place to visit with friends for a fun evening.