“Not a bad Italian.....but could improve” 3 of 5 bubbles

Pacino's
Ranked #54 of 548 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Italian, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Pacino's was established in 1986 and has built up a reputation with the local people and visitors alike for the finest cuisine and affordable wine list that can be found anywhere in the city of Chester. Since its launch the restaurant has tippled in size, now with over 80 covers. Pacino's has however maintained its high levels of quality and service. Pacino's offers an intimate atmosphere and a friendly personal service that can only be found in a family run business. Perhaps that's why we are often referred to as "Chester's Hidden Gem". Gluten free available on request.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Not a bad Italian.....but could improve”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

It's been some years since we last visited to be honest, but we remember Pacino's with fondness. The décor has changed somewhat but let's face it......food is why we visited.

The starters of one Chicken Crepe and one Risotto failed to deliver sadly as we both felt that they had (no proof) seen the inside of a microwave before being served. The crepe was tasty but the sauce didn't look freshly poured and the risotto was so boiling hot (pinged?) that it was impossible to eat and when it cooled the taste was not there as expected.

We could not fault the mains though....a 'specials board' pork dish that came in a fantastic thick sauce and the 'fish of the day' that my wife ordered and really enjoyed.

The biggest disappointment was that many desserts were not available at the end of the evening so we ended up asking for the bill and made our way home earlier than expected.

We would visit again I think but maybe we would book between 7pm and 8pm next time instead of 9pm as we felt a bit rushed and the service seemed to go downhill closer to (an earlyish) home time for the staff, even though we can't fault the friendliness of the staff by this observation.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Marley E

Mold, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“As good as this after 28years excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Recommended by a friend 2years ago and have visited regularly ever since I visited in company of varying size groups up to 5 persons and most of the people that have accompanied me have returned on heir own accord. My self and all my friends that have visited with me have always been delighted with the service and food without exception. Any negatives about location should appreciate it does not attract the wrong sort of persons. The drunks that pass City Centre venues and are attracted by convenient locations the loud persons out to impress would not be impressed the list goes on instead you always get the same respectable type people with a serious interest in eating good food at sensible prices being served by the most pleasant hardworking people you will meet. (not by chance the brother and sister that own the business lead the way) This business has been operating for 28 years and that says a lot to me when on many occasions you will not get in without a reservation. My two tips are do not miss visiting Pacinos and when you order do not miss out on the garlic bread and be sure to ask for it to be dripping in garlic butter a treat not to be missed. My best wishes to all at Pacinos and may you go from strength to strength.

• Visited January 2014
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“A slice of Italy hidden away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I booked a table here on the basis of other reviews and wasn't let down in the slightest. I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary and can't stress how much we enjoyed it there. The low key exterior and the hidden away location could have you fooled and think that you have a come to the wrong restaurant but once you step in you are completely shocked. The fine details in the decoration, the ambiance and the friendly staff put you completely at ease. The selection of food was vast and from the starter to the desert the food was cooked to perfection, I thoroughly enjoyed the veal and my girlfriend raved about the fillet steak. The price was fitting to the high standard that we were given too. All in all I highly recommend that seek out this little gem.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank rdean90
Chester, United Kingdom
“Good food but not a 5 star experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We live in Chester and have often heard this small restaurant highly recommended for it's great food. We recently booked for a Saturday evening meal for two. To be fair the food was actually very good. No major complaints here, the food was tasty and was served piping hot. On the basis of the food served and the menu, this restaurant scores a 4 for me. However the restaurant is located in the middle of a residential area some distance away from the night life and bars of Chester (not the restaurant's fault clearly). This means that you taxi to the restaurant, eat and then taxi home with no other options available. So, good food, good service (although a little slow on our evening) and very reasonable value. Don't be put off by the restaurant exterior, it is actually nice inside. A pretty good meal overall.

• Visited January 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant we have ever been to, chester's hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I dont even know where to start, this restaurant was recommended to me, and I havent looked back since, my wife loves it here, after I proposed we went here as she loves it, I have lost count how many times we have been with family and friends, myself and my wife have spent 3 Valentine's nights here on the run, not to mention lots of birthdays.
Food is amazing home cooked good food, outstanding value for money, portion size is always spot on, the best meals we have had have been from here, the service is excellent and nothing is ever to much trouble, if you wanted to change an item it would be done without a problem.

This place really is fantastic, okay from the outside you might question it, but its perfect were it is, as its not been spoilt but all the town competition, its best left out of the way and to carry on doing what its been doing for years and years, and that speaks for itself, if you havent been here you really are missing out.
Keep doing what your doing cant wait to return.

• Visited December 2013