“superb b and b”
Review of Rowland House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chester
Rowland House
Ranked #20 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“superb b and b”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Myself and my husband have just returned from a 2 night stay at Rowland House and the moment Beryl opened the door I new we were on to a winner. She is such a warm and welcoming lady. Our room was extremely well fitted out and beautifully decorated with great attention to detail and lots of extras eg: hand cream, facial wipes, eye make up remover pads, tissues... The things that matter to ladies. The beds were extremely comfortable, probably among the best I have slept in and the room was spotlessly clean. On top of all this Beryl provides a scrumptious breakfast. She is a cheerful, smiling lady and nothing is too much trouble for her. The gift of a box of truffles on our departure was totally unexpected and a lovely touch...Thank you Beryl.
I will certainly recommend Beryl and her lovely home to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you both for your wonderful coments they are much appreciated, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me, and regardless of the weather, which could have been much better you still made the most of your time here, but like you said maybe you will be back for some Christmas therapy all being well, Jim take care and make sure you enjoy your ZOMBIE week-end, you see I am still learning from my guests. and hope to see you both later in the year.
Best wishes,
Beryl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

stayed for a 1 night stop over at Rowland House. Had a very pleasant stay really conventiently located to the Chester - no more than a 10 Minute walk. Beryl gave us a map and a helpful description of how to start our whistle stop tour of the city.
Can't fault the room or ensuite - clean tidy and well presented, and looked recently decorated. Breakfast was lovely - fresh fruit and lovely yoghurt, and breakfast was delicious.
To comment on the previous review - there was a clock I heard it chime when within about 10 ft of it but certainly see or hear a mass of clocks, yes a building work was being completed but that is life and it certainly didn't matter - wasn't happening over night so can't really see the problem myself.
Would I return . . . most definitely yes.

Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Sue,
Thank you so much for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your overnight stay,and that the development work did not disturb you in any way, it is almost complete, the grounds people are in next week to do the planting, trees, shrubs etc, and we will be returning to normal, with green lawns,and trees to look out on, pictures will be posted on the web as soon as this is done for everyone to see.
I hope that you will have a return visit, some time in the not to distant future, so that you will see first hand the amazing transformation out side.
Once again, thank you for being so understanding.
Best Beryl
Ireland
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed on two separate nights on our roadtrip recently. We were met firstly by Beryls welcoming daughter and shown to our clean and comfortable room.
Beds are extremely comfy and the Gueshouse is very well run by a wonderful host just made for the job. We had a very nice breakfast and got great tips from Beryl on where to wonder around this gorgeous city on our first morning.
On our return leg we again had lovely chats with this lovely Host and enjoyed more home from home comfort.
I would certainly recommend this gem and look forward to seeing you perhaps in the future Beryl.
Thank you very much for making our trip memorable.

1 Thank IrishLadyIrl
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you both for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me, so much so that you chose to stay with us on your return journey, I'm glad that you had a nice time in Chester, and that you you where able to see all of the historic sites which you wanted to see,
Maybe next time you will be able to explore in more depth.
I hope that your crossing home was nice and smooth.
So thank you again and I look forward to seeing you both in the future.,
Cheshire
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed for 1 saturday night. Firslty, Rowalnd House doesn't massively inflate their room rates because of the race meeting - like most other hotels I looked at do! Beryl is a very welcoming hostess, making sure we could park, and allowing us to arrive early, so allowing us to change before going to the races. Located next to the main university campus, on a quiet residential side road, it is only a short walk into the city centre. The rooms are large, spotlessly clean & bright, with large comfortable beds, and Beryl adds a few welcome home touches - my partner was really pleased to find facial wipes, which she had forgotten to bring for herself. Beryl gave us some useful local tips for where to go for food and drink, which worked out great. I would certainly stay here again for a short break in a lovely city.

Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
What a nice review from you, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you where more guests that had a fantastic day at the races, the weather was great, and the betting tips where even better, you enjoyed your evening meal, so a good time was had all round, I feel sure that you will return to Rowland House if ever you are back in Chester, but next time I need the betting tips as well.
Till then take care,
All the best,
adasie
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Whilst only staying one night for the Half Marathon, from the outset Mrs Beryl Rowland was very welcoming and thoughtful, making sure we had a good parking space as we arrived, fitting in with the rather early breakfast we needed so my husband ate on time for the run, and being absolutely fine about us returning afterwards so he could shower before our return home. I cannot recommend this comfortable exceptionally clean hotel too highly. And the location is excellent for the City.

Room Tip: we are on the front and it was very quiet at all times
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
Thank you both for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you thought Chester was a beautiful City, The early b'fast was no trouble I was so surprised that all of my guests where attending the Marathon either as competitors or spectators, but it was an enjoyable event, so maybe see you for the big Marathon next year,
Happy running.
Beryl.
LINCS
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the lovely Rowland House. From the minute you arrive the owner Beryl makes you so welcome and nothing however small is to much trouble for the more then helpful Beryl. Fantastic super large bed massive on suite and so clean. The great cooked to order breakfast, cereal or fresh fruit selection will set you up for the day. I have stayed here before whilst visiting daughter at the local university and am already planning my next visit later in the year. Arrived very late on first evening due to taking in a show at Liverpool but Beryl was more then happy to stay up late and greet us and show us to our room. No problem parking and only a short walk into the historic town of chester.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Thank you once again for a great review, so pleased that you enjoyed your overnight stay, short but welcome after a long journey, not many more as the University course comes to a close,
I have you booked in for the graduation, so I will see you all in November if not before.
Have a great Summer (weather wise)
Take care.
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My wife and I, along with another couple of friends, have just returned from a stay at the Rowland House, Chester. From the moment we arrived and greated with a warm welcome at the door by propriator, Mrs Beryl Rowland to the time we ate our hearty breakfast, and left, she provided nothing less than a first class service. The house and rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable and as my wife says in addition to all the normal facilities, 'It has all the little extra touches you require'. Beryl has a wealth of knowledge about the city and gave us a full update on local restaurants and places to visit. The house is very convenient for the city centre and parking is available - A little Gem

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Thank you for your great review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us,and that you brought fantastic weather with you for that week-end.
Then to put the icing on the cake, a great day at the races was had by all.
So if ever you return for another flutter on the horses, or for a shopping trip, I hope that you will come to stay with us,
Many thanks.