“Thank you for a lovely stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rowland House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chester
Rowland House
Ranked #19 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Thank you for a lovely stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Recently we had a 3-night stay in july at Rowland House in Chester, a really lovely place and a very friendly lady. Thanks for your great hospitality, Beryl!
We didn't have our car with us, but Rowland House is not far from the trainstation, about 15 min. walk. Also very convenient for centre of town, which is nearby.
Everything was spotless clean, big bedroom, very pleasant. We loved the breakfast too, well done.
Many thanks and I hope you will enjoy André Rieu when he's in Liverpool, also good luck for your grandson (?) with Liverpool FC.
No doubt we will come and visit you again if we come to Chester once more.That's a promise!
Kind regards,

Conny & Jerry Haenen,
Maastricht.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Conny & Jerry, thank you both so much for your kind review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me, and that you found Chester so interesting, as you say you had no car but you made the most of everyday, including Liverpool, and the weather was kind to you.
I am sure I will enjoy the concert, and who knows maybe next year I may get to Maastrich to see Andr'e in person. I hope that if ever you return to Chester, you will come and stay with me.
Once again thank you both and have a good Summer.
Best wishes,
Beryl.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed at Rowland House B&B in June for 3 nights. The location is excellent, less than 10mins walk to the centre of Chester and off road parking. Prices were very good and although we were there on the Friday of Chester Races this did not inflate the prices.
We had a en-suite room, tastefully decorated with a huge bed, very comfortable, and all the home touches that make the difference. Breakfast was superb with a great choice of cereals, fresh fruit or a full English. Beryl runs the place very well and takes care to ensure that guests are happy and have all that is needed for their stay. Beryl also provides information on where to go, what to see and where to eat, all of which helps to make a your stay in Chester one to remember. Thanks for an excellent visit.

Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
What a special review, and thank you both so much,I am so pleased that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with me, and that you enjoyed your time here in Chester, I would like to think that if you are ever back this way, you will come and stay with me.
So until the next time take care.
Best Beryl
Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed with Beryl at the Rowland House in Chester 2nd to 5th of July 2013. The guesthouse its facilities and Beryl are fabulous. I was very comfortable and made to feel welcome. Rowland House is very clean and maintained to very high standards. It was a true home from home. No hesitation staying again if and when I visit Chester.
Very well placed for the centre of Chester which is no more than a 5 minute stroll.
Thank you Beryl.

Room Tip: All rooms offer high quality and comfort.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you Glen for your great review, I am so pleased you where comfortable, happy, and made to feel at home, it is difficult when it comes on recommendation from someone else. (Work)
I'm glad you made the effort to do some site seeing while you where here, and if you possibly return for a short break, you can then do all of the visitor attractions, so hope to see you again in the future.
Many thanks.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We hadn't been to Chester before and had booked at another B&B for our 2 night trip, but then found Rowland House was a lot more central so cancelled the first booking - thank goodness we did!! We can't rate Beryl's Rowland House highly enough. The room was very large and tastefully decorated and equipped. The extras provided are so thoughtfully chosen and show how much the hostess wants you to enjoy your stay. The bed in room 1 was a Queen size and the most comfortable we'd ever slept in. Clean, fresh and well appointed en-suite. Tea and coffee facilities with biscuits replenished and chocolate mints. Huge TV screen and alarm clock provided. Ladies, no need to take your own cotton wool, tissues, facial wipes, hand wash, Alberto Balsam shampoo and conditioner, shower cap or flannel. Crockery and accessories all matching - a touch of class! Breakfast didn't disappoint either - marvellous choice of cereals, fruit (strawberries, raspberries, melon, kiwi with yoghurt) and orange juice, tea and coffee and the full English was to die for plus toast and marmalade. Beryl gave us lots of local, useful information. Parking off road and only a very short walk to the historic town. Thank you Beryl for making us so welcome - we hope to come again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you both for your much appreciated review, I am so pleased that you found everything satisfactory with your stay with me, and that you found everything about Chester so interesting.
As always it is a pleasure to have guests who enjoy their visit, and hope very much that if you are ever back this way that you will come to stay with me.
Best wishes.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Myself and my husband have just returned from a 2 night stay at Rowland House and the moment Beryl opened the door I new we were on to a winner. She is such a warm and welcoming lady. Our room was extremely well fitted out and beautifully decorated with great attention to detail and lots of extras eg: hand cream, facial wipes, eye make up remover pads, tissues... The things that matter to ladies. The beds were extremely comfortable, probably among the best I have slept in and the room was spotlessly clean. On top of all this Beryl provides a scrumptious breakfast. She is a cheerful, smiling lady and nothing is too much trouble for her. The gift of a box of truffles on our departure was totally unexpected and a lovely touch...Thank you Beryl.
I will certainly recommend Beryl and her lovely home to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you both for your wonderful coments they are much appreciated, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me, and regardless of the weather, which could have been much better you still made the most of your time here, but like you said maybe you will be back for some Christmas therapy all being well, Jim take care and make sure you enjoy your ZOMBIE week-end, you see I am still learning from my guests. and hope to see you both later in the year.
Best wishes,
Beryl
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

stayed for a 1 night stop over at Rowland House. Had a very pleasant stay really conventiently located to the Chester - no more than a 10 Minute walk. Beryl gave us a map and a helpful description of how to start our whistle stop tour of the city.
Can't fault the room or ensuite - clean tidy and well presented, and looked recently decorated. Breakfast was lovely - fresh fruit and lovely yoghurt, and breakfast was delicious.
To comment on the previous review - there was a clock I heard it chime when within about 10 ft of it but certainly see or hear a mass of clocks, yes a building work was being completed but that is life and it certainly didn't matter - wasn't happening over night so can't really see the problem myself.
Would I return . . . most definitely yes.

Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Sue,
Thank you so much for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your overnight stay,and that the development work did not disturb you in any way, it is almost complete, the grounds people are in next week to do the planting, trees, shrubs etc, and we will be returning to normal, with green lawns,and trees to look out on, pictures will be posted on the web as soon as this is done for everyone to see.
I hope that you will have a return visit, some time in the not to distant future, so that you will see first hand the amazing transformation out side.
Once again, thank you for being so understanding.
Best Beryl
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed on two separate nights on our roadtrip recently. We were met firstly by Beryls welcoming daughter and shown to our clean and comfortable room.
Beds are extremely comfy and the Gueshouse is very well run by a wonderful host just made for the job. We had a very nice breakfast and got great tips from Beryl on where to wonder around this gorgeous city on our first morning.
On our return leg we again had lovely chats with this lovely Host and enjoyed more home from home comfort.
I would certainly recommend this gem and look forward to seeing you perhaps in the future Beryl.
Thank you very much for making our trip memorable.

1 Thank IrishLadyIrl
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you both for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me, so much so that you chose to stay with us on your return journey, I'm glad that you had a nice time in Chester, and that you you where able to see all of the historic sites which you wanted to see,
Maybe next time you will be able to explore in more depth.
I hope that your crossing home was nice and smooth.
So thank you again and I look forward to seeing you both in the future.,
Beryl