“Great start to our vacation.”
Review of Rowland House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chester
Rowland House
Ranked #23 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Sherwood Park
“Great start to our vacation.”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We wanted a comfortable place to recover from our jet lag after a long flight from Canada. We could not have picked a better location. Beryl runs a beautiful B & B within walking distance to the centre of Chester. As we arrived in the middle of a public holiday, it was great to just park the car for a couple of days.

We immediately felt at home and it was obvious that Beryl has quite the "Fan Club" We met other guests that weekend who said that if they couldn't get a reservation at Rowland House, they would not go anywhere else. High praise indeed.

Thanks for making us feel so welcome Beryl.
Susan & Gary,
Alberta, Canada.

Hi Susan and Gary,
What a fantastic review from you both, I do hope that you have had an enjoyable holiday here in the Uk, and that all of your B & B's have been up to expectations, sorry about the weather, but as you know we have no control over that,but I am sure you have made the most of everywhere that you have visited.if ever you do a re run of your tour you know where I am and I will be more than happy to welcome you back in my home.
Many thanks, and best wishes.
Beryl.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have just spent a wonderful 4 night stay at Rowland House. Beryl was very welcoming and helpful, suggesting things to do and see as well as places to eat. The room was top quality being spacious and clean plus having a few "extras". The breakfast was first class, setting you up for the day. Being about a 5 minute walk into the town the location was ideal. We would happily stay there again and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We stopped in Room 1, which was extremely comfortable, and had a large en suite
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Dave and Sara, thank you for your great review, I am sorry the weather was not too kind on your first day here, but you made up for it afterwards, I am so pleased that you enjoyed Chester so much, and found it so interesting, it may tempt you to visit again some time in the future, I do hope so, and that you will come back to stay with me.
Many thanks.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We have just returned from a one night stay in this B&B. It is a 5 minute walk from the town centre. The room was spotless and very comfortable, Beryl was very welcoming and gave us lots of information about what to see and where to eat. The breakfast was excellent and we would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone wanting to stay in the Chester area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3 which had it's own private bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Hi Lynn, thank you for your kind review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me and that you had an enjoyable time in Chester even though it was only a one night stay, maybe next time it could be for a little longer,
Beryl
Uttoxeter Staffs
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just returned from a lovely few days at Chester staying with Beryl at her immaculate B & B at Rowland House. On arrival we were met with a very warm welcome from Beryl and her decorator Tom. The guest house certainly lived up to all the wonderful reviews on trip advisor. Our room was large, spotlessly clean and was very well equipped complete with lots of little extras/toiletries. Breakfast was good too and always served with a smile from Beryl who was always very helpful and gave us lots of information of where to eat and visit in Chester. It is some fifteen years since we last visited Chester and we had forgotten what a beautiful and interesting City it is, we will certainly be back and will not hesitate to stay at Rowland House again as it is a great location (only 7 mins walk from the City Centre) and excellent value for money. Thank you Beryl for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1 at the rear of the house, it was large and spacious with a large en-suite and ex...
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear Lynn & Frank, thank you so much for your great review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed you stay with me, and that everything was what you expected,
You brought some fine weather with you which made the site seeing so much more enjoyable,
you even managed the boat trip.but like you said, there is so much to see and do, so this gives
you the excuse to visit again, so all being well I hope to see you again in the not to distant future.
beryl
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We had not visited Chester before, and chose this Guest House after reading other trip advisor reviews, which were very helpful. Beryl, the owner, is a mine of useful local information. The B &B is a short walk to the City centre. On arrival we had a very warm welcome. the room was large,immaculately clean and comfortable.Lots of extra toiletries available in bathroom. Breakfast was tasty and promptly served. We had a very enjoyable stay, and a good laugh too.

Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Well hello to you both, what can I say, breakfast time is just not the same these mornings,
bright, breezy, and full of life,what an experience but great fun, I hope that you will come back to Chester to visit, and to catch up on the things which you didn't have time to see and do.
(Like shopping?) I don't think so, but there are still things to see, so till the next time take care and hope to see you again soon.
Beryl
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night recently and will definitely book this Bed & Breakfast again should we go back to Chester. The room we stayed in was spotless and had a great shower, and it would put a lot of hotels to shame. To top all this the breakfast was excellent, and the host Beryl was very welcoming.

Dear Dave & Mary,
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your short stay with me,and that
Chester was what you expected even though that was a second choice after the new addition to the family, I gather you have made your choice,(of your new 4 legged friend) just to make things clear, as you have a reservation made for later in September when you come to collect
(him/her) so I will see you both then, take care and have a safe journey back down.
Best,
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

A lovely B&B situated close to Chester down a residential street with a few shops and a pub a few minutes walk away. Beryl was a super-attentive host, the room was beautiful, breakfast was plentiful and I honestly couldn't think of a nicer place to stay in Chester.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Lucy, what a very pleasant surprise your review was, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with me, and that everything went well on your week-end course at the University, as this was your first visit to us, I very much hope to see you in the future should you be back again at the university for any reason. So take care, and I look forward to seeing you maybe again.