“ANGRY!”
Review of ABode Chester

ABode Chester
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Checking in took 15 mins, the receptionist asked had we already checked in? This caused delays. We verbally booked 4 weeks in advance, we requested a balcony and when we asked at reception if we had got one we were told we couldn't have one as no rooms with balconies were available, the only reason we asked this question was due to another guest stood in front of us complaining of the same exactly the same thing. The receptionist didn't offer me anything for the cock up she just apologised.
In the middle of the night my 6 year old daughters bed collapsed, it was a fold away bed that obviously hadn't been assembled correctly, my daughter was in tears with the shock, and slept in with me and my wife after this in our bed. To add to everything else the sink was blocked, there was sticky deposits on the inside of our window, and the furniture in our room was damaged I've posted pictures of those 3 things on trip advisor, and the response from the receptionist the next day was "sorry" no monies off my bill not even free parking as a good will gesture. This is why I'm ANGRY!

5  Thank Rwt1
AbodeChester, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear Rwt1

Thank you for your feedback.

As we mentioned to you after you booked the room on the internet, we do not have a room with a balcony that can accommodate a Z-bed. I am really sorry we could not satisfy all your request. We always aim to do everything we can to excide our guest expectation.

Next time you are planning a visit, please contact me directly and I will organise a complementary upgrade as a gesture of apology and in the hope to recover the trust you originally put in Abode Hotels.

Yours Sincerely

Christophe

Write a ReviewReviews (2,163)

Reviewed 24 August 2013

a present from my daughter foir my birthday. ok she won it in a raffle so decided to stay an extra night. £161 per night room only did not warrant this price but could have been because the races were on. breakfast on Saturday was first class well presented and well cooked. sundays looked as if it had just been slung on the plate, the scrambled eggs were over cooked and dry.. I take it that it was 2 different chefs. the restaurant meal was excellent. the service was first class. the waiting staff were well informed and attentive.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

This self proclaimed posh hotel certainly lives up to its brochure.
The rooms are excellent - I had a basic room but staff showed me two higher ones which I'll try next time.
The tuck box is a welcome change to an empty minibar, the iron and board in the wardrobe valuable and the DVD player helped me pass the three nights I stayed.
Shower room had an annoying central extraction vent which was unacceptably noisy until I rotated the centre to close it down. Surely we can't be expected to do that though to get to sleep? Room 216 if you're reading mr/mrs manager.
The view was delightful across the racecourse and its right on the 'nice' edge of the shopping area. Easy walk to races or shops.
Underground car park - must get full quickly when busy.
Restaurant really nice.
Staff charming and polite in an engaging way.
Tv rattled for a good while on its stand until my neighbours stopped using the bed as a trampoline.
Definately stop here again.

1  Thank Nickit7676
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The service at the Abode is perfect. There isn't a member of staff who doesn't go out of their way to help you.

Brilliant location for everything Chester has to offer and really good cocktails on the fifth floor.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed on Chester Race Day and had a suite on Fabulous on the Sixth. The view of the racecourse and Chester and Wales off the large balcony was amazing. So good that I did not want to leave the room to attend the races!! The bar prices were reasonable and the breakfast was worth the money. I will go again and eat in the restaurant next time.
Perfect location and everywhere in Chester is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony if possible.
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

A fabulous hotel, well located for fabulous shops, great restaurants and the races!! This was the second time I have stayed here both for business, 4 nights on this occasion and looking forward for another excuse to visit soon! Both visits afforded a balcony room with views over the race course - perfect! I stay approx 100 nights a year in hotels this delivers on all levels, well done to the excellent team. I particularly like the restaurant in which the staff deliver a very high standard of service I would expect in a 5 star environment.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We usually stay at The Holiday Inn Chester Racecourse. As our first preference was full, we decided to go for this hotel, after a debate about 'do we really want to pay £85 for a night'.
However, deciding we were 'worth the extra!' we booked online.
The cost does NOT include breakfast, which is £11.50 EACH. So, we are now up £108.
On arrival we were told '£85 please PLUS £10 car park!
£118 for bed and breakfast, and it was NOTHING SPECIAL.
The room was ok - again, nothing special Im afraid. Shower looked great, until you turned it on and wet all the floor (hence the sealant needs attention). No windows to open.
Although we had a super night around the town, the hotel left us deflated and let down.
The service for breakfast is WAY WAY too formal. Four star service is not about stifling uncomfortable formaility - its about a friendly good morning, with a smile (lacking here).
Our advice? Book the Holiday Inn.