“Great stay again ”
Review of ABode Chester

ABode Chester
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few times this year and never been disappointed! The hotel is ideally situated in chester with a great secure car park! We have stayed in all the available rooms from the standard double rooms right up to the suites, this time we stayed in a desirable room, don't get me wrong the rooms are nice, clean and very useful for the purpose they are designed for, they have an excellent powerful shower which is nice for a change! I just feel there is a massive jump in quality and space from the desirable room to the enviable room. Maybe we were spoilt on our last visit with the fabulous suite??? To me the biggest difference is the bed the one in the desirable room is half the size, Me personally I would definitely pay that little extra to upgrade to a enviable room next we visit and there will be a next time! As they say you get what you pay for! We wouldn't stay anywhere else in chester, amazing location amazing staff, a great bar and a absolutely fantastic restaurant on the 5th floor!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheepy30
Write a ReviewReviews (2,163)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I would like to recommend the staff, especially a young lady receptionist called Joanne, who sorted out our predicament of a special weekend booked & cancelled without our knowledge by Groupon.
A planned lovely weekend could have been so easily have been disappointment. Abode hotel is situated conveniently close to the center of Chester, only walking distance away from the shops and several good restaurants. The meals in Michael Caines restaurant & Cafe Bar are of very good standard and the breakfast is fab. The rooms are modern and spacious with a luxury bathroom. There was only one thing that slightly spoiled our weekend, and that was lack of sleep! The bed was too soft & springy, however some of you reading this may be in favour of it.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside not court a yard room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is my 1st choice of hotel each time I stay in chester for business, 4th time this year. Great staff service, fabulous bed and rooms with good views and great restaurant on the top floor and bar on the ground floor.

If your looking stop looking and get booking - stay here! Now!

They also have the best show gel ever.

Room Tip: Every room i have had has been good, but not all rooms have a bath, so as when you book if you need...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is a nice modern new hotel on the edge of the city centre. Standard rooms feel fresh and clean, modern and minimalist. The a/c was somewhat odd to work, and a minor irritant was not being able to have the bedside light on without two other lights also being on.
Breakfast was disappointing. Opting out of black pudding and beans (this is the English north!) I can given one small bacon rasher and a sausage.
I emailed a lost property enquiry: no response after four days.
Good easy parking under the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Good location, just on the edge of the city centre. Car parking was fine. Room was fine if a little on the small side. I suspect business users who need to do a bit of work will find the lighting not that good.

We had a dinner reservation elsewhere (Simon Radley at the Grosvenor) so didnt try the restaurant in the evening - although noted that the menu doesnt seem as ambitious as the excellent one at the Manchester Abode. Breakfast was generally OK - buffet for the "continental" items and cooked to order for the "full English" - although the bacon was significantly undercooked, even for my tastes (I hate crispy bacon).

Very reasonable value for money, we thought.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great hotel and great room. From the moment we were welcomed to the hotel to the moment we eft all staff were very attentive and happy to help. We ate at the fabulous Michael Caines restaurant and can only say it was awesome. All in a great weekend at a great well located hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me here for an overnight stay for my birthday and we both loved it! Had a card and complimentary choccies on arrival, the room was lovely - big, smart and comfortable! We had dinner in the Michael Kanes restaurant which was fab, very stylish and fancy and the staff very attentive our waitress was filling my wine glass up every 5 mins - not that I was complaining! The hotel was also conveniently placed near to quite a few of the bars....I would thoroughly recommend Chester!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple