“Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Frodsham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I only booked for one night and when I arrived the checked me in quickly... I got to my room and I didn't have a balcony so I rang reception and asked if they could swap rooms for me, the very helpful receptionist told me that there was one available and if I waited in my room she will be up in a couple of minutes to help me change over rooms. She cam up in a matter of minutes and transferred me to another room. She couldn't be any more polite asking me was this room ok sir and if there was anything else she could do? I went out later that night and came back late on and thought I might have a couple of drinks (this was about 23:00) and asked reception if they could bring me a wine glass up.. By the time I got to my room and closed the door the woman was at my door with two wine glasses. This hotel is fantastic and would recommend to anyone. perfect for business users and also for pleasure. great location and a stunning looking hotel. should be a 5 star hotel in all ways. Room 205 Tom. Ohh also the bed was the most comfortable thing I have EVER slept in.

Room Tip: Room 205 has a balcony and a shower instead of no balcony and a bath..
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Super location overlooking the racecourse, very close to shops and only 15 minute walk to railway.
Rooms very high standard, perfect shower. Restaurant is lovely, food tasty and excellent quality. Staff overall very good.

• Stayed December 2013
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Just returned home from a fantastic 3 days Christmas Break at the abode Chester could not fault the place.
Room overlooking the court yard nice and quiet
Staff very helpful,
Restaurant excellent
Secure parking mins walk from the centre.
This Hotel I would recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms Overlooking Court yard Nice and Quite
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We spent Christmas with family and stayed overnight in Abode. As ever the staff were amazing and really helpful. We spoke to other guests who had taken Christmas lunch at the hotel and they said that it was really nice and saved them the cooking. Everyone staying seemed to be having a good time. We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and it was nice to get an upgrade ...We ended a lovely Christmas day in a super room and a really comfortable bed. We didn't eat in the hotel apart from breakfast that was up to its usual
high standard. From my previous reviews you can see that we like the Michael Caines food. This review compliments previous ones but shows the hotel works just as well over a festive period. A big thank you to the ever obliging staff.

Porthmadog
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed in room 416on Xmas eve. Wonderful bed and view. A couple of issues as things not to the normal standard . Staf very happy and welcoming and place decorated for the Xmas to high standard. Car parking a must. We will be back soon as great place and great location for walking I to Chester. Xx

Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed here for the second time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We booked what we thought was a deluxe room through Booking.com but on arrival it turned out to be a standard room; this was caused by Booking.com not using the same room descriptions as the hotel.
However, after speaking to Reception, a helpful young lady (Ellie) kindly showed us two other rooms, one of which was a fabulous luxury room, which just wowed my wife! Ellie even gave us a favourable rate for this room to compensate for our initial disappointment.
The bed was huge and it was the most comfortable we had ever slept in! Not only did we have a walk-in shower, we also had a roll-top bath in the bedroom - great to relax in after a hard days shopping! There was also plenty of hot water and the towels were large and soft. Our room had very effective air conditioning and heating. The safe was large enough to hold a laptop and simple to use. The room was cleaned to a very high standard.
Our only slight criticism of the room would be that the hospitality tray needed a few more teabags and milk cartons and complimentary bottled water would be a welcome extra in a room of this standard.
Breakfast was extra with a wide choice of both hot and cold options, although perhaps a little pricey. Our only slight criticism of breakfast was that at times bowls and plates were not cleared efficiently despite there being plenty of staff on duty.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our second stay and would recommend this hotel but consider upgrading to one of the better rooms as they are well worth the money. We enjoyed our stay so much that we stayed an extra night!

Room Tip: Consider upgrading - the rooms are well worth it!
Wakefield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Rooms not great showers only, there was no bath.
Over priced rooms for the size - there are far nicer hotels in Chester.
Senior receptionist extremely rude on checking the bill the next morning even the junior was embarrassed.
Breakfast is ok if you want to wait a lifetime for it .
I would honestly not rush back here.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple