“Extremely comfortable”
Review of ABode Chester

ABode Chester
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The hotel is amazing! The rooms are extremely comfortable and beautiful. The breakfast had a gourmet menu with delicious options and a very fancy environmennt. The staff was very polite and charismatic. They were always available to help with anything.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,183)

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for NYE 2013 and chose the abode as a special treat to end the year. We paid extra for a desirable room in fact £198 for one night, not sure what made the room desirable as it was on a par with a premier inn yet three times more expensive and no breakfast included. Bed sheet was stained which was rectified within 30 minutes. The people in the room next to us ignored the no smoking signs and so we had to endure a hot room without being able to open the window as they were in and out smoking in the balcony. The air con would only go as low as 17. We were woken at 5am by our neighbours playing loud music and vomiting in between cigarettes on the balcony. It felt like we were sharing a room with them the noise was so loud. Ruined our special stay. Expectations need to be managed this is not a £200 a night standard of hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LilTrace31
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Ate here, taster menu with wine. It was nice, everything was good. It is not 5star, however it was nice and recommended. I took the wine extra, bit expensive, but was good. Would like to stay, maybe next time

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed a couple of times but this time we thoroughly enjoyed it in arrival we were upgraded to a deluxe double !the room had a queen sized bed ! And a very up to date bathroom :)
Very pleased with our two night stay :) the down stairs bar is very tranquil and quiet perfect for a couple away :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Modern Chic hotel, ideally located for City Shops and Walks along the River Dee. Overlooks Racecourse too. Car Parking in Basement which is convenient.
Rooms are well equipped - Shower no Bath (which suits us better actually) not a Fan of Showers over baths.
Breakfast is cooked to Order which is better than hot plates, We also ate in the Restaurant which was Excelent.

All in All, a great choice for your stay in Chester.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I only booked for one night and when I arrived the checked me in quickly... I got to my room and I didn't have a balcony so I rang reception and asked if they could swap rooms for me, the very helpful receptionist told me that there was one available and if I waited in my room she will be up in a couple of minutes to help me change over rooms. She cam up in a matter of minutes and transferred me to another room. She couldn't be any more polite asking me was this room ok sir and if there was anything else she could do? I went out later that night and came back late on and thought I might have a couple of drinks (this was about 23:00) and asked reception if they could bring me a wine glass up.. By the time I got to my room and closed the door the woman was at my door with two wine glasses. This hotel is fantastic and would recommend to anyone. perfect for business users and also for pleasure. great location and a stunning looking hotel. should be a 5 star hotel in all ways. Room 205 Tom. Ohh also the bed was the most comfortable thing I have EVER slept in.

Room Tip: Room 205 has a balcony and a shower instead of no balcony and a bath..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Super location overlooking the racecourse, very close to shops and only 15 minute walk to railway.
Rooms very high standard, perfect shower. Restaurant is lovely, food tasty and excellent quality. Staff overall very good.

• Stayed: December 2013