Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveller reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveller reviews.

“Worth every penny”

Tea and coffee

Worth every penny

Enjoy

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had vouchers for Abode Chester so went one day in May. The room was fantastic, up on the sixth floor with a balcony overlooking Chester. We started the evening with cocktails in the bar and went on to eat in Michael Caines restaurant....the food was delicious & great value for money. Another cocktail to follow the meal finished off a perfect evening. The whole stay was helped with
very friendly & polite staff from the moment we checked in. Abode Chester is well worth a visit to both the hotel and restaurant.

Room Tip: The rooms on the Sixth floor were definitely worth upgrading to.
Upton merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband has always wanted to try a taster menu so from recommendation I decided to pick the abode in Chester, we were staying at crabwall manor hotel for our 1st wedding anniversary, so it is only a short taxi away. Having looked at the options I decided to include the wine and cheese course. All together with the service charge if was £258, it was worth every single penny. Not only was the menu exquisite but the wine manager Aiden who chose the wine for each course just made our evening. We love our wines and we just couldn't fault a sip of it. Everything from the ambience and atmosphere to the customer service was spot on. We started at 7:45pm and finished about 11pm, so for over 3 hours you really can not complain. Every dish was beautifully presented and tasted amazing, not everything on the menu would have appealed yo my husband if he was choosing in a restaurant but every plate was left empty, we are even converted into port and also blue cheese. I really can not recommend this restaurant enough. We will definitely be returning for another special occasion. Thank you to all the hard working staff, you really know how to treat your customers and make them feel like they are royalty.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate, just book
2 Thank Shus339
Chapel-en-le-Frith, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I booked a spring spectacular deal here, it was £109 for 2 inc bed and breakfast and evening meal, and must say the hotel could not be faulted and the food was the best i have had for a long time.
It is situated very close to all Chesters amenities, lovely pub next door with large gardens overlooking the racecourse
The only downside for me was that Chester itself was very quiet and dull, we were expecting something similar to York but really did not live up to that.
Not the hotels fault though as this is a great hotel if Chester is your place

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the racecourse
Malvern
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Fantastic location overlooking the racecourse. Five minutes walk and you are in the centre of Chester. This modern glass hotel has very clean, well decorated rooms with a modern twist. On the top floor it has a Michael Cain restaurant and a modern cocktail bar. We didn't evening dine in the restaurant but you must try the cocktails.... Very good. Breakfast is also served here - charged separately to room. The food was ok to good; the continental breakfast offering is more of a token gesture. There is also a bistro and bar lounge on the ground floor. Staff were friendly and helpful. There is underground car parking, which is chargeable daily - well worth it. We will definitely stay here again when visiting Chester.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Shepton Mallet
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Overall a very pleasant stay, room very spacious but lacking seating and anywhere but the dressing table to put the tea facilities. Food excellent but bar quite restricted in its choice, and no nuts etc.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times when travelling for work, and whilst I really like
the location, it is always very clean, and the rooms are modern and very nice,I always feel dissatisfied by the place.

Last week I arrived at the hotel at 11.15 pm after travelling all day, only to find out they had given my room away - and they had booked me in elsewhere. I subsequently found out that this had happened to another guest the week before. I am a regular customer and would not expect to be treated like this. They even expected me to pay for the room in the alternative hotel!

So here are the other things that bug me about the place:
- The atmosphere is terrible, the staff vacuous, and there is no feeling of customer service (apart from one guy who works nights on reception, and is very helpful)
- I spent over £400 in the hotel one week, and they emailed me after I left requesting payment of £1.50 for a bottle of water - generally it is extras extras extras.
- The room service is terrible, despite having a swish restaurant on the premises - food always arrives cold and looks like it has been sitting there all day!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jennifer D
Philip N, General Manager at Abode Chester, responded to this review, 17 July 2015
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit at ABode Chester.

ABode Chester prides itself on excellent customer service so I am therefore incredibly disappointed that we did not meet or indeed exceed your expectations.

I sincerely hope that these incidents have not discouraged you from visiting ABode Chester in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you would like to return and I will make sure you are well looked after.

I am available via email or through the main hotel number should you wish to discuss this matter further.

Yours sincerely,