“Three quarter good other disappointing”
Review of ABode Chester

ABode Chester
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Chester
“Three quarter good other disappointing”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My husband surprised me for my 40th birthday to stay here two nights.. Went to check in and the booking had been canceled.. The male receptionist re booked us .. Made us feel uncomfortable.. While he booked us in no apology ..the phone rang while he was dealing with us .. No excuse me or sorry about that! We weren't told about breakfast! The bar.. Restaurant ?so the checking in wasn't best.. My only other complaint was the slow pressure on shower.. The champagne bar was lovely excellent service.. Views lovely.. When we finally realised where the breakfast restaurant was on the second morning it was first class!! Yes I would stay only if my booking and checking in was more relaxing and stress free!!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
London
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I would always choose this hotel first if I ever return to Chester. The staff throughout the hotel are very freindly and go the extra mile to insure that you have a pleasant stay. The rooms are excellent and the bar and Resturant are likewise. Makes you not want to leave the hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were allocated a room with an excellent view of the racecourse. The room was very clean and a high spec, breakfast and service was very good, staff were pleasant and professional. A little on the pricy side so would not be able to afford to stay often (this was a special ocassion)

Wales
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Balcony door fell off during its first opening and no maintenance staff were available to re-hang it. Had to re-hang for myself and then lock shut for the duration of our stay. No alternative offered!

1 Thank Hawayholiday
Philip N, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this review, 17 July 2015
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit at ABode Chester.

ABode Chester prides itself on excellent customer service so I am therefore incredibly disappointed that we did not meet or indeed exceed your expectations.

I sincerely hope that these incidents have not discouraged you from visiting ABode Chester in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you would like to return and I will make sure you are well looked after.

I am available via email or through the main hotel number should you wish to discuss this matter further.

Yours sincerely,

PJNewmarch
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Amazing stay, staff fantastic all round and the food wonderful you can't fault this hotel. The views from our room of Chester city were beautiful, the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Everything is around you and it is only a few minuets walk to the city we will stay again.
Thank you to all and we will see you again very soon.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed for 2 nights in this hotel, the room was lovely and comfortable! Easy walk into the town centre and easy access with the car. However we did have to pay for parking and breakfast on arrival. Lovely and helpful staff throughout the hotel, bar and restaurant. We ate in the Restaurant on the Friday and had drinks in the Champagne bar both fantastic. Lovely weekend and would 100% recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and view of the race course. After looking on trip adviser I did so and was very g...
1 Thank Rachel D
Isle Of Man
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Booked this hotel on-line as a surprise for the wife for her birthday and booked to stay two nights. As my wife hadn't seen her mother for a while, and it was her birthday weekend, I rang the hotel a couple of weeks later to see if I could book an additional room for my mother-in-law to stay at the hotel for 1 night. Both bookings were confirmed to me (as I was paying for both) via email and both had a separate on-line concierge reference page (allowing me to upgrade rooms, change bookings, etc., should I need to do so). So far, so good. Unfortunately, on the day we arrived (after a pretty stressful morning following a lack of availability of hire cars at the airport and rushing around to pick up my mother-in-law who was subsequently stranded in North Wales due to my delay in getting hold of a car) we eventually turned up at the hotel with relevant booking forms in hand only to be told that my original booking had been cancelled ! Apparently the subsequent booking made for the mother-in-law for 1 night had replaced my original booking for myself and my wife (for 2 nights) ! All a bit annoying, especially as this hadn't been requested by me and nothing was mentioned on my email confirmations or on the on-line concierge pages ! Despite this set back, reception did manage to find us a comparable room in the hotel to the one that I had originally booked, although I get the felling that if it had been the following weekend (when the Chester Races were on) I think myself and the better half would have been sleeping in the car or on the floor ! All in all, this is a fantastic hotel with very helpful and friendly staff in a great location. Just make sure that if you want to add any more guests, rooms or nights to your stay, make sure that you confirm this with the hotel before you turn up to save any grief.