“Smart, spacious and comfortable”
Review of ABode Chester

ABode Chester
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Walking distance from Chester town center, a very pleasant place to come back to in the evenings. Surprisingly large room for a British hotel, with a bright, airy and spacious feel to it. Modern fittings and furnishings, the place looks very smart.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

It's an average hotel and for business men on a single night stay I wouldn't recommend this hotel, gym is tiny with about 6-8 pieces of equipment to use.
Overall I found the staff un welcolming on reception and didn't care when an issue was raised

1  Thank Matthew C
Philip N, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit at ABode Chester.

ABode Chester prides itself on excellent customer service so I am therefore incredibly disappointed that we did not meet or indeed exceed your expectations.

I sincerely hope that these incidents have not discouraged you from visiting ABode Chester in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you would like to return and I will make sure you are well looked after.

I am available via email or through the main hotel number should you wish to discuss this matter further.

Yours sincerely,

PJNewmarch

Reviewed 23 June 2014

A good hotel for a business trip, wide and confortable rooms with easy internet access. Iron and ironing board available.
Slow service in the morning for breakfast (have been ignored for quite some time)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

When we checked in the girl on reception didn't seem to know what she was talking about when explaining the room upgrade, we added one day for breakfast and was later charged for two days breakfast, the reception manager reluctantly deducted one of the days breakfast charge which was of no benefit to us as we were still charged for a days breakfast which we hadn't ordered. The car parking charge was 13.50 but we were told it would be 10, My friends who we travelled with we're charged 20 pounds for parking it didn't make sense. found the staff not very helpful to explain the invoice and didn't apologise at any point. The head receptionist never cracked a smile and we weren't bid a nice day or a thank you for staying. Very disappointing as we had spent a considerable amount of Money in the restaurant and bar during our stay, would not be stay again
:-( Donna

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Page38
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed the night as we are due to get married in chester later this year and have a lot of family coming over from overseas to attend the wedding and wanted to see where they could stay while here.
Check in was smooth , room was nice, lacked some toiletries you would expect for the price of the room. The tv remote did not work but we didn't complain and enjoyed our stay. Upon checking out we were asked the usual did you have anything from the snack bar to which our reply was no, we in fact had taken our own snacks back the room (5 months pregnant lady needs snacks). We then received a voicemail from what can only be described as a little giggling girl asking me to call back with regards the "missing"unpaid snack bar item. I immediately called back and the gentleman advised me in a very accusing manner of "taking" a salty chocolate bar, I confirmed nothing had been taken and felt very insulted to which his reply was not sorry but a basic ok!

It's safe to say they have lost thousands of pounds from our family and friends over a salty chocolate bar probably worth 50p. I would rather put my family up in the travelodge than have the embarrassment of them being treated and spoken to like a thief.

Very disappointed!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kelly10Prenton

Dear Guest

Yours sincerely,

PJNewmarch

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Second time stayed here. Central location for shops. Great views over race course. Would recommend this hotel. Large modern rooms. Good choice of breakfast and great views from restraunt. Underground parking with lift access to rooms

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel location is unpromising at first, in front of a very busy road, fortunately it seems to be quite well sound proofed since we didn't hear much noise during our short stay.

The old city wall is literally there and one could walk into town righ from the hotel, avoiding the main road, ask your concierge if in doubt.

Our room had a great view of the racing track, it was well equipped and the bed was ample and very comfortable, I always like a small sofa to watch telly late at night but there was none here in spite of the room being quite big, which would have come handy during the world cup, but one can't have it all I suppose.

The the toiletteries were nice and luxurious, and the view from the loo was also tremendous, but I would say one could feel exposed! They didn't have 2 sets of towels in the bathroom, but we found an extra set in the room, but we shoudln't have needed to do this.

if anything I wasn't pleased with the lighthing, we could not manage to turn off the lamps and lights that we wanted, so had to resort to un-screw bulbs. I don't know why hotels make such a mess of this: a master switch to turn it all on or off and then individual switches so one can suit oneself...

The hotel public areas are tastefully decorated and the building itself is architecturally interesting, being cylindrical.

We tried the bar which was pleasent enough, with nice views of a couple of landmarks.

Another plus about the hotel is safety, the lifts can't be operated without an electronic key (although I didn't see if the same precaution was used for the stairs, I would hope so).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple