2,423 results
All reviews race course champagne bar desirable room michael caines enviable room floor to ceiling windows fifth floor underground parking lovely hotel eggs benedict city centre per night reception staff walk in shower full english standard room huge bed
Reviewed 8 January 2019

Very disappointed with the evening.
The party night was booked but there were only 2 staff on the bar which was no where near enough. Everyone was having cocktails as we could not go into the main area and drink what we had already paid for.
We were crammed in the dining area.
Starters were good, main courses cold and had to wait for roast potatoes.
We enjoyed our evening but felt the service fell well short of expectations. Very disappointed. Would not come back

1  Thank MaxineBowler-Byrne
Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed over on New Year’s Eve and as we had paid for the whole package which included a 6 course meal and breakfast.
The room was lovely, the meal was fantastic and breakfast was great too. Overall a brilliant night. Will be back again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CraigPhillips88, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2019

Dear Merseyside123,

I am very pleased you enjoyed your new year package you booked with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

Stayed here again for our wedding anniversary...and we were given s room upgrad, for which we were grateful Pleasant meal and wine in the restaurant with friendly and quality service, and a particularly good breakfast. We hope to return next year

Dear NWEnglandNWcouple,

I am very happy to see you came back to the ABode Chester to enjoy your wedding anniversary and you liked your room upgrade.

Your lovely feedback has been shared with the team and they were delighted to hear you had a great time with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on 30.12.2018 with my boyfriend.

Very clean, comfortable rooms.

Bar on the top floor was nice and good for cocktails.

Location ideal for shopping, sight-seeing in Chester city centre and right next to the racecourse.

Overall excellent stay for the price.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CraigPhillips88, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2019

Dear HB1995,

Thank you for your lovely feedback about your recent stay.

I am very please you had an enjoyable time with us and you had an excellent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2019

We booked multiple rooms for my daughters wedding, guests coming from all over. I decided to take a ‘fabulous’ suite, I’m paying for a wedding so might as well take a good room. I was here 4 days. Our room was large but although it had a sort of view over the racecourse there was the other side of the building in the way and you could only see a bit of the course. There was a sound bar with the tv but it was there for show, it didn’t work at all. My wife wanted a bathrobe but when she called for one because there wasn’t one apparently they had ‘run out’. We are in the most expensive room in the hotel. One never appeared during the 4 days.

The room was on the top floor but was over the restaurant kitchen. This meant at 6am we started hearing the crashing and banging in the kitchen, it was sufficiently loud to wake me on 3 of 4 nights. On top of that there was a frequent humm from the extractors or some other air conditioning unit. Lots of noise seems to vibrate through the building, others staying in the hotel noticed this. On the night after the wedding they put the mother of the bride in a room next to some sort of generator that kept her awake all night, another member of our party had similar noise.

On the second morning we were waiting for delivery of 2 minibuses for a trip. I went to get my coat from my car in the car park and noticed them there. When I went back to reception and asked they had the keys. We had 14 people milling around the small reception for 40 mins discussing the lack of our minibuses and they didn’t think to mention they had the keys.

Breakfast on the morning of the wedding I, as father of the bride and the person who had filled 20 or so rooms for them, had to wait an hour for a breakfast that was cold on arrival. On the first morning, despite the crashing and banging in the kitchen. they didn’t have the porridge I would have liked, apparently they had run out.

Additionaly they charge £10 a night for parking, even if you are in the most expensive room in the hotel.

Overall I don’t feel the staff were bad, they were just poorly trained and didn’t show any initiative. The building just transmits noise so all rooms are noisy in my parties’ experience. The less expensive rooms are small and the description that you have a view of the racecourse though technically correct is misleading, it’s not the spectacular vista you would expect, more a sighting of some of it. I really cannot recommend this hotel, it’s just nowhere near the standard the price suggests.

Room tip: Don’t believe they have a proper view of the racecourse and asking for a quiet one is a waste of thine, they don’t appear to have one.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CraigPhillips88, Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2019

Dear Mikesalter,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with you feedback about your recent experience.

I am deeply disappointed and sorry we have let you down.

Your feedback has all been taken on-board and shared with the team so that we can work towards making improvements to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future.

Again I would like to thank you for your feedback.