2,410 results
All reviews race course champagne bar desirable room michael caines enviable room floor to ceiling windows fifth floor underground parking lovely hotel eggs benedict city centre per night reception staff walk in shower full english standard room huge bed
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well positioned hotel for the centre of Chester. Within a short walk of shops, restaurants and also the races. Very attractive modern decor throughout hotel. Rooms very clean and well presented. Staff excellent - very professional and helpful. Breakfast very good with lots of choice. Excellent choice for a weekend break. I regularly use this hotel when visiting family. Arrive in good time for a parking space.

Date of stay: September 2018
CraigPhillips88, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear JulieTownsend1,

I would like to thank you for your lovely feedback which I have pasted onto the team here at the ABode Chester.

We are all delighted you had an enjoyable time with us and you found all aspects of the hotel to be enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner booked a one night stay here as a surprise. Central location and within a 5-10 minute walk to the city centre. Location cannot be faulted. We had an enjoyable stay but parking is an issue. Not enough spaces to accommodate hotel guests if at full capacity or the restaurant is busy. Be prepared to park across the road in a non secure carpark. No complaints with our room. Very comfortable and clean with a view of the racecourse. Nice bar and restaurant although we ate next door at Miller & Carter. (superb!)
I wasn't blown away by the hotel. No extra touches or amenities to make it stand out from the rest but I would definitely stay again if I had a function in Chester and the price was not excessive. Overall, a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear EmL0u84,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback about your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed our hotel and sorry there wasn't enough spaces available for you to park as you are correct parking is limited and our policy is first come first serve with the parking facilities.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel location and easily accessible for town via a 5-10 minute walk.

Very clean rooms, a nice bar and brasserie and the breakfast and service is second to none.

We’ve stayed here several times and it is our favourite place to stay in Chester. It also has a reasonably priced overnight and safe car park.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear CheshireMog,

Many thanks for your very kind words about the hotel and the team.

I am very happy to read you had a very enjoyable experience with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

the problem of the doors to the ground floor bar and brasserie has yet to be rectified
the door on the right (coming in) is springed so strongly that it sets open and obviously few if any customers can be bothered to shut it
this can be solved relatively easily by adjusting the setting if hotel was bothered

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank N1988NHstephend
CraigPhillips88, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear N1988NHstephend,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback.

I would like to reassure you, now you have bought this to my attention my maintenance department will be looking at solution for the door at the front of the property as this has not been an issues mentioned on feedback before.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I chose this venue for our year end event with my team, my initial inquiry was indeed dealt with in a very friendly professional manor, I was shown the rooms and facilities and the planned meeting room we would use.

All looked good including the gym, restaurants and the views from the rooms looking over the racecourse.

Sadly, as the event got closer, I needed to make some changes to the booking, and I had to deal with somebody different every time I called?

Whilst on holiday I was sent an email from the hotel requesting the to confirm my meeting room with my credit card, (the same card as I had booked all the rooms on?) I had my out of office message on, obviously I was away and didn't get the mail, but phoned upon my return to find I had lost the meeting room!

I found another meeting room in a neighbouring hotel so no big deal but decided to keep the rooms at the Abode for the stay.

So on the night, we all arrived in good time, even all my colleagues found it difficult to find the underground car park? we all checked in, the room I had was O.K. finished to a reasonable standard but not like the rooms I had been shown, I had a view of a lot of untidy council offices and a courtyard?

In the evening we really didn’t want to go far as it was wet and cold, so tried both bars, but sadly it lacked any atmosphere! So, we ventured into the City and dined out.

The following morning, we met up for breakfast before our departure, and once again we were on our own? it seemed that the hotel was empty? I know it wasn’t the breakfast was once again just O.K when it eventually arrived without comment.

I think this hotel is a great location and If i chose to stay here I would insist on a room with a view, but don’t expect the wow factor, I don’t know quite what it needs but something is very lacking.

Room tip: If you like nice view, Just request a room on the front of the hotel, the rooms on the back look directly into some untidy council offices!
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Donesomemiles,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback about your recent experience.

In regards to the meeting room not being held this is down to company policies and as you are aware we are unable to store your card details you provided to hold your rooms due to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

All your comments have been taken on-board and next time you are staying in Chester, please do not hesitate to make contact and we will make sure you are well looked after.