2,410 results
All reviews race course champagne bar desirable room michael caines enviable room floor to ceiling windows fifth floor underground parking lovely hotel eggs benedict city centre per night reception staff walk in shower full english standard room huge bed
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed in an amazing suite for 1 night, all staff that we encountered were brilliant could not do enough for us. The room was spotlessly clean, and had a huge comfortable bed. The breakfast the following morning was of a very high standard, with some great little touches such as the milk being served in miniature milk churns.
Hotel is located a short walk from the centre of Chester which has a number of great bars and restaurants.
Will definitely be visiting the hotel again

Room tip: Upgrade to suite it is well worth it
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CraigPhillips88, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Kopite110573,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback about your recent experience at the ABode Chester.

We are all very pleased to read you liked your room and enjoyed breakfast the following morning.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well positioned hotel for the centre of Chester. Within a short walk of shops, restaurants and also the races. Very attractive modern decor throughout hotel. Rooms very clean and well presented. Staff excellent - very professional and helpful. Breakfast very good with lots of choice. Excellent choice for a weekend break. I regularly use this hotel when visiting family. Arrive in good time for a parking space.

Date of stay: September 2018
CraigPhillips88, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear JulieTownsend1,

I would like to thank you for your lovely feedback which I have pasted onto the team here at the ABode Chester.

We are all delighted you had an enjoyable time with us and you found all aspects of the hotel to be enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner booked a one night stay here as a surprise. Central location and within a 5-10 minute walk to the city centre. Location cannot be faulted. We had an enjoyable stay but parking is an issue. Not enough spaces to accommodate hotel guests if at full capacity or the restaurant is busy. Be prepared to park across the road in a non secure carpark. No complaints with our room. Very comfortable and clean with a view of the racecourse. Nice bar and restaurant although we ate next door at Miller & Carter. (superb!)
I wasn't blown away by the hotel. No extra touches or amenities to make it stand out from the rest but I would definitely stay again if I had a function in Chester and the price was not excessive. Overall, a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear EmL0u84,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback about your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed our hotel and sorry there wasn't enough spaces available for you to park as you are correct parking is limited and our policy is first come first serve with the parking facilities.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel location and easily accessible for town via a 5-10 minute walk.

Very clean rooms, a nice bar and brasserie and the breakfast and service is second to none.

We’ve stayed here several times and it is our favourite place to stay in Chester. It also has a reasonably priced overnight and safe car park.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear CheshireMog,

Many thanks for your very kind words about the hotel and the team.

I am very happy to read you had a very enjoyable experience with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

the problem of the doors to the ground floor bar and brasserie has yet to be rectified
the door on the right (coming in) is springed so strongly that it sets open and obviously few if any customers can be bothered to shut it
this can be solved relatively easily by adjusting the setting if hotel was bothered

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank N1988NHstephend
CraigPhillips88, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear N1988NHstephend,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback.

I would like to reassure you, now you have bought this to my attention my maintenance department will be looking at solution for the door at the front of the property as this has not been an issues mentioned on feedback before.