2,423 results
All reviews race course champagne bar desirable room michael caines enviable room floor to ceiling windows fifth floor underground parking lovely hotel eggs benedict city centre per night reception staff walk in shower full english standard room huge bed
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I met our son at Abode as he was staying on business. It was booked at the last minute , during the phone booking I was asked if we wanted a room with a balcony or a bath, we chose a balcony room.
On arrival we were welcomed by the pleasant receptionist who allocated us a ‘desirable’ room. On entering the room we were met with a strong smell of stale cigar smoke. I went again to reception to report the issue we received an apology and offered another room,which ironically had neither a balcony or a bath! We were met there by a member of staff who had brought additionall pillows,as requested. When I opened the door we were met by searing heat as the room was at least 35c. I told the member of staff that we could not sleep in a room that hot. The room Air Con was set to19c (its lowest setting). He said that he could lower the tempearture from reception.
We went out for dinner and checked on the room temperature on our return, it was still far too hot. Instead of offering us another room the reception staff said they would place a fan in the room. At bed time I turned on the floor standing fan on full but the only fan direction that gave a sufficient reduction in temperature was towards our faces in bed. This was like sleeping in a wind tunnel. I really was’t in the mood to complain again so stuck it out all night. Needless to say we didn’t get much sleep.
On a apositive note, the breakfast was very good.
This is agood hotel with excellent facilities and staff which would have attracted a full 5 buble rating but due to the afore mentioned issues I can only give it a 3.
Almost very good Abode but must do better,especially for the price you charge for a room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CraigPhillips88, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Penbay2,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent experience.

I am sincerely sorry for the temperature of the room and would like to reassure this has been addressed with our maintenance department. Our air-conditioning does start from 19c and only goes to 28c at its highest. Unfortunately all other rooms were occupied so the team were unable to offer you another room move but again i would like to apologise for the inconvenience this caused.

Thank you for your lovely comments about the breakfast, facilities and the staff which i have shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Four of us stayed over for one night on the 2nd March and had a very nice night. The room was a good size and clean with a view of the courtyard and beyond to the racecourse.
We enjoyed our evening meal in the brassiere (prix fixe menu) of which we had to ask for! The food was excellent and all cooked to our liking. Be aware that a service charge applies even when on the above package. The breakfast was tasty, wholesome and warm, if I had one moan it would be that the full English lacked a gluten free sausage and black pudding as I am a coeliac. I did get gluten free bread though.
Overall we found the Abode and its staff very pleasant, friendly and helpful and would definitely stop there again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear johnnyroadmap,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback about your recent experience.

We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your visit and would also like to apologise for not having the gluten free options available on the day you stayed.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed one night with my wife before Xmas, to do a bit of shopping and relax.
Very clean hotel, excellent double room with everything you would require.
Decent view towards the race course so location for racing is perfect and only a 10 min walk into the town.
Breakfast was excellent. Vast choices. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mogsy386

Dear Mogsy386,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your lovely feedback.

I am please to read you found our hotel to be a perfect location for an enjoyable stay to relax and to do some Christmas shopping.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the ABode Chester in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall the experience was quite good ( if I could give 3.5 stars I would but only option 3 or 4 so opted for 3 because we didn't find food more than average for the price paid).

On arrival we had been booked into the wrong room and we were offered a new room upgraded which was very nice so excellent service from the manager in this regard. We had dinner in the Brasserie restaurant which was a mixed experience because the food was average but the surroundings/decor (view), and service was very good. Good list of drinks too, particularly cocktails.
We had a very similar experience at breakfast in that the restaurant decor etc and views were a really place to eat breakfast and some parts of the breakfast ( buffet) were very good but unfortunately the cooked breakfast was very average and service quite slow, although friendly staff, Had the food been better standard ( to match the price paid) at dinner and breakfast we would of rated 4 stars.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CraigPhillips88, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear charlie j,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback about your stay with us.

I am happy to hear the manager on duty resolved the mistake with the room booking and upgraded your room to apologise for this.

Your comments in regards to the food and the service have all been taken on board to ensure we share this with the team to help with training so i would like to tank you for making me aware but would also like to apologise for this.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

£200 worth of disappointment. Booked via booking.com and having checked in we dropped our bags off in the room. The carpets were worn, bubbled in area’s, the decor was poor, bed wasn’t straight and the smell wasn’t the best. Having had a little bit of a whinge we were informed that the hotel is due a refurb and we should have been informed.

Breakfast was poor, 20minutes to get a coffee, scrambled egg was literally one egg and the toast was half burnt.

For the money I’d definitely recommend you look at the Hilton or Oddfellows and perhaps wait until the refurb has been completed at the Abode.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
CraigPhillips88, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear PhillyT04,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback about your recent experience.

I am deeply sorry you are disappointed with your stay and would like to reassure you all of your comments have been taken on-board.

Our duty manager on the night did offer you two options as you were unhappy with the first room. You choose the offer of a complimentary upgrade to one of our Most Enviable suites and at the time were happy with this as it was to apologise for the first room not being to your liking.

If you do choose to return to the ABode Chester in the near future, please do not hesitate to make contact and i will make your you are well looked after.