ABode Chester
Edgar House(Chester)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
2,251 results
All reviewschampagne barrace coursemichael caines restaurantdesirable roomenviable roomfloor to ceiling windowsfifth floorcar parklovely hoteleggs benedictcity centrewalk in showerreception staffspecial occasionhuge bedmy birthdaystandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Comfortable hotel with nice restaurant....... the GF bar staff not very attentive!! its aimed more for the heavy chester drinkers I think!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed here over the weeked for the races and absolutely loved it! We had the Ormonde suite, if you are booking a suite ask for this one as it's the only one that partly looks over the racecourse! The room was big and modern, very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was lovely, large bath and seperate walk in shower. Breakfast was very good, with everything you could wish for...cereal, fruit, pastries, toast, and cooked breakfast, tea, coffee and a range of fruit juices. All of this was included in the suite price. We didn't eat there at night so can't comment on the food.
Only a couple of negatives, the first was the smell, we were a floor above the restaurant and could smell cooked food all day, which wasn't very pleasant and knocked me sick as I was also poorly for the stay. The second was that our room never got cleaned? We assume there is a service everyday and weren't too bothered but thought for the price, it should have been done?
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the location couldn't be beaten, close to shops, restaurants and next to the races, we would definately stay again.

1  Thank HannahandJoe
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I stayed for one night in the Abode. The room was lovely , bed very comfortable, good view from the balcony and tolietries were great. The price was a last minute deal and it was OK for one night B+B plus evening meal. I would not have paid anymore for the hotel as although it is a lovely newly built hotel it was already in a few parts starting to have issues. The bathroom was not cleaned properly when we arrived. The food in the restaurant bar and grill was OK but nothing special. I have fedback to the hotel and I just hope they take the comments on board because it would be a shame to see reviews on here that start to say it has gone downhill. Would I retrun - yes if I got another last minute deal.

Reviewed 19 September 2010

My husband booked a suite here as a surprise for my birthday on the 8th. On reading some reviews he rang ahead for instructions for getting into the underground car park,which we then found straight away and were let in by the receptionist. The lift was easy to find and we arrived at reception with no problem. Check in was straightforward and we took the lift straight up to "Fabulous on Sixth". The suite was probably the largest hotel room we have ever stayed in. It was quite simply stunning in every way. Dark wood panelled walls, floor to ceiling windows with a huge balcony with lovely views over the city, a beautiful roll top bath and separate wet room, massive leather sofa and a huge luxurious bed, and a great sound system with ipod dock, along with two flat screen tv's. My husband had booked us in for dinner in the restaurant on the fifth floor. We had cocktails in the bar before choosing the seven course tasting menu. We have stayed and dined at Abode Manchester three times and the standard of the food at Chester was equally as good. All the staff were polite and attentive and we were given a lovely table by the window overlooking the racecourse. I am sure we will have no problem staying in any of the rooms in this beautiful hotel in future and we will certainly be returning.

Reviewed 19 September 2010

Tried to call hotel night before to book – phone rang for 5 minutes but when it was eventually answered I was told to call them in the morning! It didn’t put us off and we booked on-line to stay one night.

Arrived at hotel and parked in the underground parking; was told to park in a space marked with an H and it well signed to get to hotel reception. We’d booked a Desirable room; the hotel was very clean, the hotel was very contemporary and modern. The room itself was lovely and spacious with a large bathroom and good views over Chester racecourse. The bed was the most comfortable bed I slept on but the down side was it felt like my head was slightly lower than my legs and woke up with a head ache in the early hours of the morning.

All the staff were very accommodating and friendly. We had a meal in Michael Caines on Fifth – well worth a visit as it was excellent quality and service was second to none; even husband was impressed (and he’s an especially hard to please chef). Breakfast was part of the stay and free the food was again of a high standard and hot with eager to please serving staff.

Overall excellent stay - next time we go away - we will be staying with Abode Hotels