“Enjoyable meal but nothing special”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester
Ranked #144 of 553 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$33 - US$33
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: In the stylish surroundings of the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Chester, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill is the perfect venue for any occasion, with a lively atmosphere, exquisite food and delicious cocktails for you to enjoy. As the first British Chef to be awarded 3 Michelin Stars and the youngest Chef in the world to receive them, Marco Pierre White is a name synonymous with a great dining experience. With the ability to cater for private parties of up to 100 people, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill in Chester serves everything you would expect to see on a typical steakhouse menu, prepared with the superior quality that Marco Pierre White is renowned for. Each dish is prepared by a dedicated and highly skilled kitchen team, working with the finest and carefully selected ingredients to create simple yet succulent cuisine. Alongside the finest quality locally sourced steaks, the menu features Grilled and Roast Meats, Fish Mainboards and classic English puddings. Furthermore, the wine and champagne lists have been specially sourced to harmonise with the menu. Choose from a selection of good house wines and champagnes, or an enviable collection of reserves for those wanting to splash out.
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable meal but nothing special”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our first visit to this restaurant, and we were on a Groupon deal. Setting great, service very good, ambience good, and the food was fine....pretty basic menu with limited choices on the Groupon deal, I had the sea bass (a VERY small portion!) which was Ok and my wife had steak, again it was OK. Without the benefit of Groupon the meal and 2 drinks (very expensive) would have been circa £100, and it was not special enough to warrant that price. We paid circa £60, including the 10% service charge, for 2 3 course meals and a drink each- still a little expensive for what we had. Overall, we were hoping to leave the restaurant looking forward to a return visit, but this was not to be- just no wow factor. What's in a name?!

• Visited July 2014
Oakbase, Abbie - Senior Reservationist at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review your restaurant experience on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that the service you received was to our normal high standards.
However I am disappointed to read that the food you received on this evening was not to your satisfaction and I can assure you all of your comments have been passed over to our head chef.

We hope to see you again some time in the near future

Kind Regards

Abbie Critchley

Hampshire, UK
“Another outstanding meal”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This is the 4th time I have used this restaurant, I do not live local so only get the chance when staying at the adjoining hotel. So another meal and another extremely good meal, expensive but that is to be expected and certainly should not put people off. The service as always was impeccable we arrived early to take advantage of a 20% discount for early dining. The staff were very accommodating in that we did wanted to wait a bit for the food and happily did this. I had fillet steak which was top draw and the lamb which my colleague had he was very impressed with. The chocolate mousse desert was something else, all washed down with a very nice cote de Rhone. Can't wait till my next stay! Well done all.

Visited June 2014

I am delighted to read you had such an enjoyable evening here at Marco Pierre White Chester.
I am very happy to see the service and food you received on this evening was to our highest of standards, and your comments have been passed on to all our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant some time in the near future.

King Regards

Hawarden, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Very disappointing. Average food, appalling service, over-priced and they hammer you for a 10% service charge. Don't bother wasting your time.

I am sorry to read that you left our restaurant feeling disappointed.
This is certainly not what we set out to achieve, all your feedback has been taken very seriously and has been passed on to our team members so we can ensure this doesn't happen again.

If you would like to discuss these issues further my direct email address is info@mpwsteakhousechester.com

I look forward to hearing from you some time in the near future

Kind Regards.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Groupon value”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I bought this groupon to try Marco Pierre Whites restaurant it was for a 3 course meal which I thought was good value, the drinks were quite expensive but I knew they probably would be so did'nt come too much of a shock. The setting was very good also the service, I would go there again.

• Visited May 2014

I am very happy to see you had such an enjoyable evening and had the opportunity to enjoy one of the promotions we have to offer.

We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Excellent quality with hints of disappointment!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

After a day at the spa at the hotel we dined here to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. The starters, steaks and the wine were of excellent quality and thoroughly enjoyed, unfortunately though after this there were elements of disappointment. The dessert menu was poor, so we decided to go for the sharing platter, however we were told that this was unavailable due to not having three of the items available! We then decided to go for the sticky toffee pudding, which was the best option on the menu followed by the cheese board. The sticky toffee pudding was nice with plenty of sauce but not enough ice cream, the quality of the cheeses were also nice but only came with one type of cracker and with only three cheeses, there were four types advertised on the menu.
We were also told when we got there that because we were dining before 6:45 there was a 20% discount, however when the bill arrived this discount wasn't applied, so I had to speak to the waitress about it, who in all fairness changed the bill.
It was a shame that we encountered these disappointments after such a wonderful start to the meal, if we hadn't I would have not hesitated to grade our visit as excellent.

• Visited June 2014
Oakbase, Abbie - Senior Reservationist at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review your restaurant experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the food here at Marco Pierre White. However I am sorry to read that the dessert menu was not to your standard.

In regards to the 20% discount all our staff have been made aware of this promotion and the offer should have been removed from the bill before hand so for this I would personally like to apologise.

We hope to see you again some time in the near future