Booked this hotel as a last minute getaway just before easter. Well located at the city end of liverpool road with a substantial car park, it was not hard to find. My booking details had gone astray but this was easily rectified by the helpful, but busy girl who checked me in. Room was a small, yet very comfortable en-suite double with tv, tea/coffee facilities etc. Throughout our two night stay the staff were all polite and efficient, a credit to this place! We ate in the pub one evening which was good value and each morning the breakfasts were more than ample. The pub itself does not try to be something its not, a big place with a central bar and a fair mixture of locals and tourists which created a warm atmosphere. The location is also very good, being a short walk to the town centre. I wouldnt hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the city centre, the George & Dragon offers excellent value accommodation with complimentary car parking. The rooms are above a pub that opens until 1am at weekends and feature a variety of entertainments. Pub food is also served. Rooms are reserved on a 'room only' basis and there are many local places to have breakfast. Satellite TV in the pub shows a variety of sporting events. The George & Dragon is in a fun lively location in which to base your stay. You can easily explore the city on foot. Located in the University part of the City, The pub attracts a young customer who enjoys the music and entertainment in the pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and LateRooms so you can book your George & Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George & Dragon Hotel Chester
- George And Dragon
- George & Dragon Chester, Cheshire