my husband and i and my daughter and her husband recently spent 2 nights at the George and Dragon Pub .Chester.It was easy to find and there was a car park for our car.We checked in and found the rooms were clean and adequate for our needs. i felt that the hotel needed refurbishing but the staff were friendly and the breakfast was very nice. it was a fairly short walk into the city centre or you could get a taxi for £3. We spent a pleasant few hours at Chester Zoo which is well worth a visit.We had dinner out at Upstairs at the Grill which was excellant but quite expensive.on the saturday evening we went to a nice italian called Sergios which was excellant and half the price.Would probably stay at this hotel again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the city centre, the George & Dragon offers excellent value accommodation with complimentary car parking. The rooms are above a pub that opens until 1am at weekends and feature a variety of entertainments. Pub food is also served. Rooms are reserved on a 'room only' basis and there are many local places to have breakfast. Satellite TV in the pub shows a variety of sporting events. The George & Dragon is in a fun lively location in which to base your stay. You can easily explore the city on foot. Located in the University part of the City, The pub attracts a young customer who enjoys the music and entertainment in the pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia and LateRooms so you can book your George & Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George & Dragon Hotel Chester
- George And Dragon
- George & Dragon Chester, Cheshire