Stayed here July 1998 last time. It is a great pub for a good location into chester and has onsite parking - just park and tell them you have a car in the carpark to get a free pass. About 5 mins walk to Northgate City walls via the subway. Good location to walk around the city walls and to go shopping. Only about 15 mins from the Racecourse to walk. Good food to eat on site if you are tired after walking around. if you have the windows open there was road noise but it is to be expected from a pub located outside the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the city centre, the George & Dragon offers excellent value accommodation with complimentary car parking. The rooms are above a pub that opens until 1am at weekends and feature a variety of entertainments. Pub food is also served. Rooms are reserved on a 'room only' basis and there are many local places to have breakfast. Satellite TV in the pub shows a variety of sporting events. The George & Dragon is in a fun lively location in which to base your stay. You can easily explore the city on foot. Located in the University part of the City, The pub attracts a young customer who enjoys the music and entertainment in the pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your George & Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George And Dragon
- George & Dragon Hotel Chester
- George & Dragon Chester, Cheshire